Quote:
And how can a Park's employee hide $54 million dollars. That seems way out there. You know it isn't any wonder kids look the world and get confused about what's right 'n wrong. IMHO!

Jabber, I don't know anything about the alleged theft mentioned above, but we had a similar story here in "my neck of the woods."

The comptroller for the City of Dixon, Illinois has now pleaded guilty to stealing over $50 million from the city in order to fund her horse-breeding business. The theft occurred over a number of years.

This story is mind boggling -- seems like the stuff of legends or fiction. Apparently she was able to get away with it because as Comptroller, she was the one who opened the mail. And I'm guessing that she was able hide her larceny for so long because in a small city, as Dixon IL is, there aren't a lot of other staff around to provide for checks and balances.

And yes, this is the same Dixon, IL which was formerly most well-known for being Ronald Reagan's boyhood home.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com