Your story sent chills down my spine. It is very much like what happened to me a few years back. Prior to moving south, DH and I rented a cottage on Lake Huron to share one more vacation with our sons. The cottage owner had one heck of a collection of 'mermaid tears' including a piece of prized cobalt blue glass on the kitchen windowsill. I decided then and there that I would go home with a collection as good or better. I spent the better part of the week combing the beach and found countless green, white and brown specimens. But, the blue remained elusive. On the final morning of our stay, after cleaning the cottage and sweeping out the sand for the last time, I took my coffee and headed to the beach to watch the sun rise. Just as you did, I was talking to God and the tears of my own were streaming down my cheeks. Were we doing the right thing by leaving our boys behind. Would my parents health hold up and on and on. As my walk came to an end, I headed back up to the cottage and looked down one last time - and there it was - the blue shard of sand worn glass. I took that as God's way of telling me everything would be OK. I still get emotional thinking about it. My blue 'tear' is nestled along with all the other 'tears' in a glass vase - and it will always remind me that God is with me everywhere - always. I could have walked right past that piece and never known - but God wanted to get my attention. Boy, did He ever.