I think that the answers to any "why" are going to be as varied as the people you're asking. I was contemplating about it this afternoon. And deep down inside, I know why I don't come as much. It's because as hard as I try to feel and talk and behave positively (and I do!), there is still such a miserable "agony of absence" murmurring deep inside of me that I fill my life with distraction so as not to feel it or drown in it. Coming here has long been my refuge and home-base, but I'm tired of leaking my pain all over the forums here, so try to fill some of the void with fun mindless activities (like online games, baking, making lists of lists, shopping for books that I never get around to reading). I know I'm sometimes in such pain that it's barely tolerable and I do ANYTHING to stifle it...even if it's sprinkling gardens for hours on Facebook. I come here first, and look for something I can contribute meaningfully to, but can't tolerate the heated discussions that sometimes go on, so on those days, I just move on to something somewhere else. It doesn't mean I don't care, it means that I'm just trying to keep my head above the water.

(Maya Angelou)