The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 51 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 25 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#19376 - 12/29/05 02:24 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
ladybug Offline

Marg1959 welcome!!!!!!!!

#19377 - 12/29/05 07:39 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Geez Danita...you have me all teary eyed sitting here...thanks for the exceptionally kind words...((((hug)))

#19378 - 12/30/05 08:37 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Marg1959,
Your words are fuel for the soul. I so appreciate you taking the time to give the info you did. As I started my new lifestyle (notice I didn't say diet) I began reading more books on health...yada..yada. And an interesting website someone pointed out to me is http://www.7naturallaws.com/index.asp Now there is a lot of "common sense" things on this site, but I like structure and I also know lots of people who are following his plan, so I have people with whom I can confer.

The changes I'm making have started with my mindset. I realize that food was a substitution, and that I used it when I became bored. Solution? Fill in the boredom moments with a healthy something or other.

I'm also walking, checking out Yoga, and have nothing but "healthy" foods available here at the house. I am not buying the shakes on his website, but I did request the free ones they offer. I'm going to try them, and keep an open mind about them.

But basically, I am doing what YOU are doing, almost verbatim, with the exception of the avocados. I am also keeping myself to 2 cups of coffee a day, instead of ALL DAY LONG.

Joe Dillon, the owner of the site, says to take your weight, divide it by 2, and that is the number of ounces of water you need to be drinking everyday. There is a city water tank a couple of houses over from me and I'm thinking about hooking my mouth up to it. Good grief... I'm drinking like a bazillon bottles a day. Come on girls, did you REALLY think I was going to tell you how man ounces I drink? Fat chance (no pun intended)

This has been an easy lifestyle change so far, and the only complaint I have is that I cannot get too far away from a bathroom! Holy Moly... I think I got up five times during the night last night.

Just FYI: Things on my menu include chicken, Talipia, Orange Ruffy, and other fish (always broil or baked), turkey occasionally, nuts (raw), plain non-fat yogurt (I love this stuff), berries of all kinds, fruit of all kinds (but always fresh or frozen, NOTHING out of a can), veggies (same, fresh or frozen), non-fat or low fat cheeses, and if I DO use bread at all, it is pita (whole wheat), or whole wheat sliced. I'm going to limit myself to twice a week with the bread for now...maybe even less. No sugars ... and I always eat my protein first.

I've rewarded myself for taking this long BUT WINNING journey by buying myself a new stove. I know...I know...you all can't believe it, but I did. And yes, da Queen does cook sometimes (although I STILL don't like to). But now I have NO excuse!

Thanks for your inputs and to everyone else who is taking this journey, I'm with Marg, YOU CAN DO IT! Boomer babes are just the best!

JJ

#19379 - 12/30/05 08:59 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
JJ...you are off to such an incredible start...your mindset is right where it needs to be so success is sure to follow...once I made the decision to eliminate "junk" from my diet and eat for my health instead of my pleasure my life changed for the good in so many ways...(of course all bets are off over the Holidays)..I have been eating cakes and pies and cookies since Christmas Eve like it's my job...but you know what? I feel really lousy today...sluggish and bloated and miserable...and it has to be the food...so maybe I'll have learned my lesson and next Christmas won't feel the need to indulge...remind me next year if I forget ok?..Really though JJ...your healthy lifestyle is going to make you feel so great and the nicest part about your kind of menu is that the first place you lose the LBS noticeably is in your midsection...I had forgotten there for awhile what it felt like to tie my sneakers without huffing and puffing like an old cow before I lost my weight...I'm pulling for you Friend...and so happy to hear about your shiny new stove!!!Keep up the great work and the enthusiasm!!!!

#19380 - 12/29/05 10:26 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thank you Nancy, it always helps to have cheerleaders in your court helping to keep you up. And boomers are the best there is at this, yes?

I'm excited about all of this and I'm even looking at turning the experience into articles. Wuhooo...Win/Win...

Thanks again! JJ

#19381 - 12/30/05 02:58 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm cheering too. Can you see my pom poms?

#19382 - 12/30/05 04:13 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
And lovely pom poms they are too, LOL, sorry couldn't resist.... [Big Grin]

#19383 - 12/31/05 08:00 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Down three pounds as of today, ladies. I'm excited! My new motto is "Steady as she goes." I want this to be realistic and like one of those fads. A lifestyle...So onward!

JJ

#19384 - 12/31/05 08:08 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Bravo, JJ!! Good motto, too. I had a similar one years ago, when I was trying to tackle some big projects (I'm not saying you are a big project, LOL!!)It was "chip away at it". Like a sculptor, they chip away small pieces at a time and eventually - it looks like the vision in their mind.

#19385 - 12/31/05 08:10 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
In case anyone is interested - here is the Bluebird method of losing weight around the holidays, instead of gaining. Have many children and then expose them to a nasty stomach/intestinal virus. Works wonders to kill the appetite...
[Frown]

Page 9 of 25 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved