The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 91 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 21 of 25 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >
Topic Options
#19496 - 03/20/06 06:34 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
yes ma'am....although I didn't this weekend. I was to busy transferring a bazillion files from AOL to my new carrier. Somebody just shoot me NOW.

JJ

#19497 - 03/20/06 07:13 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
way to go JJ!

33 lbs for me as of last week. Wooo hoo. I expect to be down another 3-5 this week.

I love melting away -- it is soooo much fun!

d.

(nothing tastes as good as thin feels!)

#19498 - 03/21/06 08:06 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

WUHOOOO! Are we the big losers or what? Wait...that didn't come out right. Heck, you know what I mean. Go Danita! Go Danita! Course at this rate, I'll never catch up to you...sniff...sniff.

JJ

#19499 - 03/21/06 08:48 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
O.K. Help!!!!!!
My weight is SOO stubborn. I really want to lose about 60 pounds and no matter what I do, it sticks. Money should stick this well!
Support welcome as long as it's not critical. My family criticized my body my whole life. Can we say "poor body image"?
I'm off to a job where I sit most of the day. Looks like it's going to rain, so walking is probably not an option. When I get home, I need to immediately get on a phone call for one of my in-home businesses. That ends at 7:30 and I am beat by then.
Congratulations to all of you on the losing train!

#19500 - 03/21/06 01:26 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Casey,
I guess a lot of advice offered would depend on the person. Like I have to follow a plan. I can't just diet. I wouldn't stick to it. AND...the most important element is a person has to be ready. Not lip service....ready.

I'm follow Joe Dillon's, 7 Natural Laws and Danita has another program she loves. I'll let her tell you about that one.

If you want to read all about it, and get TONS of free info, go here: http://www.7naturallaws.com/

It's mainly giving up bread, sugar, diet sodas, and adding high protein, low carb meals to your daily routine. This is something to follow for life, not just for a while. I can honestly say I feel great. Also, I've been on this since January 2nd, and I've dropped 20 pounds. I would have dropped more if I had started exercising sooner. I didn't. I just followed his plan WITHOUT the exercising and you don't want to do this...trust me.

Hope this helps. I would be glad to answer ANY questions you may have.

I'm sure as soon as Danita gets an opportunity, she will give you the info on her plan as well.

JJ

#19501 - 03/21/06 01:27 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

p.s. drink TONS of water. TONS....the more water, the faster the weight comes off....

#19502 - 03/21/06 03:49 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
downdog Offline

Loc: kansas
Hey, I'm new. Very interested in these diet plans, will look into jawjaw's, what do you do Danita? I sure agree with the "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

#19503 - 03/22/06 02:26 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I'm doing a metabolic diet - done by the "metabolic research center".

It is VERY simular to JJ's.....except I'm accountable to a weight loss center - which helps me alot! Pay money - do the plan - lose weight. The center has us on additional protein drinks which help keep the old fire burning.

I too have given up caffiene, alcohol, sugar, and most carbs. This is how I will eat until I die. More energy, no cravings. LOVE IT!

Eating to live not living to eat!

Danita

#19504 - 03/23/06 08:32 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I think you are all really brave. I've tried to give up caffene, alcohol, sugar and carbs, but always felt low and with less energy. Perhaps I just need to pick one thing to change at a time. I'm going to start with exercise. I've got it in my calendar to start with 1/2 hour commitment 3-4 times a week.

I am drinking water -- but not enough I think.

Thanks for the support!

#19505 - 03/22/06 09:36 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Casey, one thing you can do to calculate the amount of water you need to keep yourself hydrated is to take your weight and divide it by 2...that is the minimum number of ounces of water you need daily. So if you weighed 200, for instance, you would need 100 ounces of water daily.

Now, I don't drink my minimum amount because it would require me having a commode strapped to my rear end so I could T every minute or so, but I drink at least 4 16.9 oz. bottled waters a day. At least. That's nearly 70 ounces but not enough. Some days I drink more, some less. I will tell you this. I'm sharper on the days I drink what I should, and then some. Go figure!

JJ

Page 21 of 25 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved