I have been on and off HRT since I was about 49. I took synthetics for many years and thought I'd take them forever until the bomb shell results of the nurses study back around 2002/03. I was not all that uncomfortable with the return of hot flashes, etc., but since my Mother was slowly showing signs of dementia - and her mother also, I was determined to stay on some sort of HRT even though most doctors did not (and still do not) believe that there is any correlation between dementia and loss of estrogen. I was introduced to bio-hrt by my chiropractor. For a while, I used Arbonne progesterone cream - but did not feel that I was qualified to self medicate. I then searched out a doctor that tested my levels of hormones and I was on bio-hrt for the last 5 years.

I was tested every 6 months for the 1st year to get the proper mix of estrogen/progest/testosterone/dha. It was a cream application that I used daily. I know that Suzanne Somers has really taken this to the extreme - but I did not care to spend that much time and money to stay young. I simply want to keep my marbles as long as possible - and this was just one part of my total health care. Along with a fitness routine, healthy diet and keeping mentally active and whatever else I can think of to ward off dementia.

I am taking a little break at the moment. I'm 62 now, and breast cancer risks do increase with age - even though I do believe that the bio's are not in the same category as synthetics.