This is Daisygirl and I had to re-register because I can't get my passwork to work and when I requested a new one, it doesn't work either. I hope I can get my old name back. Anyway.

Dee, one thing I'm very consious of is if I feel welcomed into his home. I was feeling very uncomfortable because I was spending too my time at his house - I was feeling homeless because I was a visitor most of the time. Both BF and son try very hard to make me feel welcomed. The son has told me he was glad I was spending time there and that I was with his dad.

The BF and I got in a big fight last night and he does not appreciate my criticism of his fathering skills. He feel sorry for his son for all he's gone through.

In a nutshell, I don't see his son leaving home for a very long time because he has no desire to be independent and his dad isn't willing to do what it takes. It became clear as day that the BF will always side with his kid.

I appreciate your thoughtful replies. You've gave me some insight which was helpful to me this weekend. Even though I truly love this man, it's probably over.