gims, I think you need to be careful. Is this person a relative? If you don't have legal standing, I'm not sure you can get tests done for someone else without running some legal risks yourself.

If this person isn't a relative, you might investigate whether it's appropriate to talk to her doctor or someone who might be in charge of patient care in a facility about what you see re 'side effects,' etc.

I'll tell you why I'm urging you to be careful. You're trying to help someone, and good for you. But my husband and I are legal guardians of his mother (as a result, among other things, of interference from some of his relatives). I was once accused by a relative of withholding information that MIL had had a stroke (not true; she was recovering from major surgery). We see ourselves as the good guys and have made it abundantly clear that we will deal with problems and others are *not* to get information because we can't trust them. So that's sort-of the opposite of your case.

You can go talk to a doctor, though, without violating patient rights and confidentiality by saying what you see and asking for advice as a concerned person, as far as I know. I don't really see what you could do by getting the police involved at this point. If there is no proof, you'll likely come off as not-credible. I wish you luck; you are good to be concerned for another.