The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 231 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#17878 - 09/14/04 09:57 PM Re: Chiropractors
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'd say, find a different chiropractor. That one sounds like a scam artist to me!

#17879 - 09/15/04 11:26 PM Re: Chiropractors
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I did more checking on my health insurance and duh! there are chiropractors that are part of the plan and those that are outside the plan. I was going to one that a friend recommended but who is outside my plan, which is why the insurance was making me pay so much. I found a chiropractor that is part of the plan and will see him on Friday. I just have to make a $20 copayment and the insurance covers the rest. A much better deal. I really should check into these things better but when I'm in a lot of pain (missing work pain), I run for help and think things through later. I sure hope I get some relief soon.

#17880 - 09/16/04 12:55 PM Re: Chiropractors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mary, it will be interesting to compare what this chiropractor has to say compared to the other. [Wink]

Have you heard about those wraps that are like mini heating pads that you strap to your back? I've heard they feel wonderful. They have them at all the local drug stores. Maybe that will give you some relief. [Wink]

#17881 - 09/16/04 10:46 PM Re: Chiropractors
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
My husband had bad back troubles about ten years ago, went ot the chiro, reluctantly because we both thought they were quacks.

He followed a close regimen over three months and he has not had a problem to really speak of since.....Until now.

Our chiropractor went back to Canada. John went ot another guy and he was a real quack. Hoefully, the guy his is seeing tomorrow will be able to bring relief. FINGERS CROSSED!

We hate going without someone referring him but...he bought the practice from the guy we had seen previously. Not the best recommendation but when in pain, you will try anything.

Our insurance allows 30 visits per year at no charge. Not bad.

Lynn

#17882 - 09/19/04 01:39 PM Re: Chiropractors
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Dotsie, with me, ice has been the way to go because of inflammation.

I saw a new chiropracter on Friday and found out that he's a local state representative (not in my district) who's up for reelection. Bush had been visiting our area the day before and the chiropracter had lunch with him (along with other locals). Bush asked for an egg salad sandwich and the poor waitress had to tell him they didn't have egg salad.

Anyway, this chiropracter doesn't do the big adjustment thing but uses this instrument called an Activator, that uses mechanical thrusting force (something like that). It didn't really seem like he was doing anything but my shoulder feels more normal than it has for a month. He said my spine is slightly curved so my right hip is lower than my left and the ways I compensate for that are what are causing the pains I feel off and on.

I see him again next week. It will be interesting to see if there is continued improvement.

#17883 - 09/20/04 03:41 AM Re: Chiropractors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Egg salad! Geesh, even I have egg salad! [Big Grin]

Glad you're feeling improvement. Sounds like you're finally getting some explanation for your pain. Knowing the cause is often half the solution.

Are you riding at all, or is that a dumb question? You can reach through the screen and slap me if you want. [Wink]

#17884 - 09/24/04 11:51 AM Re: Chiropractors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mary, how about an update?

#17885 - 09/26/04 01:28 AM Re: Chiropractors
chacha Offline

Loc: Oregon
I agree with DJ. unless you look like a twist pretzel, and your head is actually looking backward instead of forward. Always get a second opinion when someone prescribes all the visits an insurance co. will pay for. Believe me they know what insurance co.'s will and will not pay.

#17886 - 08/04/05 05:01 PM Re: Chiropractors
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I know this is an old post....

I LOVE the chiropractor!!!
Mine has helped with everything from my shoulder pain--to lower back pain--migraines & my sinus problem!!! [Smile]

Mine was willing to work with us concerning our insurance---and work a plan out that we could afford. He didn't want you to have to be in pain & not get help for it.

The only whacky thing....he'd make me sing jingles! [Smile]

#17887 - 08/07/05 03:50 AM Re: Chiropractors
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My daughter is a chiropractor and I LOVE the chiropractor too...I may be just a little bias though, ya think?
chick

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved