The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 227 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#177877 - 03/23/09 11:49 AM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Do any of you use those tiny brushes on your gums? When I switched dentists, my new doctor suggested brushing the gums between the teeth. The tool used for this procedure is long, slim, and plastic with holders on each end that secure a tiny
brush. Oral sells those brushes in a case of 8, I think. After
brushing and flossing, I manually brush the gums between teeth; that cleans whatever particles have been previously missed. My checkups improved greatly since I've been doing this. If you don't already do so, you may want to give it a try. I never heard another dentist put forth that suggestion. My gums are much
healthier these days because of this effort.

#177975 - 03/24/09 12:03 AM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I purchased a small bag of the gum brushes @ Target, jabber. Ended up giving them to my aunt, who's in a nursing facility. I didn't even grab one out of the bag to try it out. My dentist told me the best thing for the teeth is an ionic toothbrush. It's not the kind he gave me last year as part of his service to me. So, if I want one, I'll have to search one down for myself.

I didn't have trouble with my teeth UNTL I STARTED going to the dentist, oddly enough... that was after I got my first job that provided dental insurance. I wish I'd never gone for that first cleaning. I have always taken care of my teeth - thanks to the instructions of my maternal grandmother. She had me brushing out of a baking soda box and chewing on honeycombs while I was a child. I credit her for my healthy dental history.

#177990 - 03/24/09 09:21 AM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I've been using an electric, Oral toothbrush for the past
15 years or so. I love that thing because I can get behind
the back teeth with it. Those tiny brushes, which are installed on a dental-type pic, are great, IMO, for getting between the teeth. Floss misses some of that space and they do the job. But I know what you mean about going to a professional. I feel fine until I go to a medical doctor. Then the problems start! LOL...

#178017 - 03/24/09 02:42 PM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

The little brushes I picked up at target were manipulated by hand... tiny little brush heads on a wire handle... found them in the dental floss section.

I want to add to the "Health Begins in Your Mouth" article that what goes on in your stomach can effect your brain, too. I found this out myself... I went off sugar in December, white flour in January, and (the hardest yet) coffee in February. I have limited my processed food consumption, almost to a minimum... the healing has been slow, but powerful.

#178037 - 03/24/09 05:21 PM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Gims, have you tried Stevia? I use that instead of sugar.

Jabber, I've been using one of those little proxy brushes for years. They're great. My dentist gives me new brushes each time I go for a cleaning, AND they give me purse size ones to carry so that if I'm out at a restaurant and have the need, I can excuse myself and go to the restroom and use the brush. I love them.

#178063 - 03/24/09 06:26 PM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I use Stevia for everything, tea, coffee, kool-aid etc. whipped cream, and for all my baking. It is GREAT!!!! Leaves no after taste either in anything.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178089 - 03/25/09 01:16 AM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

I was using stevia (the new Truvia) before I gave up sweeteners all together. It was OK, but didn't quite have sweetening properties equal to sugar. I don't miss either, at all... in fact, I use Arm and Hammer toothpaste and even it's too sweet for me.

#178144 - 03/25/09 12:06 PM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gims, I don't have the will power to do what you are doing, but would you begin a post in the health forum about the way you've backed off these products? I think it would make an interesting topic.

#178152 - 03/25/09 01:58 PM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

The story behind my decision and how I did it isn't very interesting... but if you think it would draw conversation, I'd be more than happy to start a thread.

#178160 - 03/25/09 03:09 PM Re: Do you fear those with mental illnesses? [Re: gims]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I def. would be interested.

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved