The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 256 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#174206 - 02/10/09 10:19 AM Re: Getting a complex [Re: Mij]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Mij,
I agree. It is nice to remember the days when responsibilities totally rested on mom and dad. You got up in the morning, played with toys, ate, slept, watched TV, played with the dog, played in the yard, or went to the barn, if you had one. Those were the days, my friend. If you concentrate on the good memories, it is
soothing!

#174312 - 02/11/09 09:54 AM Re: Getting a complex [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Ironing: I hate to iron. But then again, I'm not much on doing
any household chores! LOL...

#174343 - 02/11/09 04:56 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lordy, I seem to be getting worse and worse about doing chores. I will see something and say, oh, I can get that tomorrow. Is this an age thing I wonder?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174413 - 02/12/09 01:34 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: Mij]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
"Lynn, I have gone back to that thread again and again, wanting to contribute to it, but it is so complicated and painful to think about, much less write about, that I just let it go. I appreciated all your posts on the subject."

Mij, I appreciate what you are saying here. Yes, the topic is much too complicated, painful, etc. As for ironing... Williams and Sonoma sells fancy bottles with lavender water to sprinkle on clothes while ironing.

#174421 - 02/12/09 02:25 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I love the sprinkling bottle, its adorable.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174579 - 02/13/09 07:51 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Well, now I wonder "what was I thinking" when I started this topic about getting a complex. I could have started a topic with "how my boomer girlfriends have helped me." I'm such an idiot. You see, a couple of weeks ago I asked a boomer sis to do me a favor, and she did it right away. This is a same favor that I have asked of my aunt (also a boomer, but not on this site) for the last 3 years. That is typical of my family, dismiss, deny, promise, not delivered. Yet when I asked my boomer friend here for this particular favor, she did it within 24 hours. Others here have done wonderful things for me, for each other, including praying. Sometimes I wonder what in the heck I was thinking. I have a lot to be grateful for, and you all are on the top of the list. L, PL

#174591 - 02/13/09 11:14 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: Mij]
schoolhilg Offline

Boy ho boy thoes days take me back I take it we are in are 50s 53 yr old My mom did the some thing hang them outside to the smell of freash air than she would sprikle water on them aroll them up to than Ironig, them we had both kinds of pins.
Dose anyone Remreber back in 60s around Thankgiving pardon at the end of the pardon Santa Clause would come after Christmas Carlo she would come frist than Santa Caluse?? I have wrote letter and on know want I'm talking about could someone shine a light on. I grew up in Mich it makeing me crazy!!!!!
schoolhilg,

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved