The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 88 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#170903 - 01/11/09 07:29 PM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh, Lola I thought it was FREE to everyone, male and female, is adult and child alike. Thus the name Universal...I think I have it now.

Thanks Celtic, that is what I was thinking. It means no one is without health care and you can have private insurance if you want to. That way we seniors who have earned Medicare would not have to switch I guess.

This could be very beneficial for those people who have no insurance at all now.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170946 - 01/12/09 05:16 AM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
it shockes me everythime i hear how much you laadies pay for a perscription, or are finding it too costlie to go to doctore when sick. I know i luckie as hell and over last 3 years needed the NHS (national health service)like never before after my car accident.

i hope your government will come up with something to include those without insuranse or insificant insuranse.

Thers gotta be a workable system.

#170959 - 01/12/09 09:50 AM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I hope our gov't comes up with a national health care plan, too.
Italy covers their people. Ireland and other countries cover their citizens. Hope the US can come up a health care plan to cover all her folks! And soon.

#170966 - 01/12/09 11:19 AM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

i was thinking of starting a post about do we know what our governments sppend on what types of things and how much they make. Not sure if this best place but maybe someweer else.

I was still thinking of our war/defense budget lol I don't know the states and persentages but think lola might or at lest know weer to get them.

ANYWAY
is it on the horisone for you good people?

what would happen to the insuranse companies?

Anyone know why it aint been done for you good people yet?

#171103 - 01/13/09 11:56 AM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Hillary tried to put a national health care plan in place
years ago. But she was stonewalled. Medical costs skyrocket to
the point that people's entire life savings evaporate from
just one illness. It's crazy!

#171219 - 01/14/09 09:23 AM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

With all the money that disappears at the hands of the government, you'd think they could funnel some of those funds
so the tax paying public would benefit!!!!

#171304 - 01/14/09 05:34 PM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: jabber]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Ya'd think, Jabber.

This, at the core, is the biggest problem with any plan for universal health care in the US -- it would just be more money that disappears into the hands of the government.

Poet and essayist

#171310 - 01/14/09 06:38 PM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: meredithbead]
celtic_flame Offline

i am prettie ignorant of this so beer with me plz

why would their be more monie disapearing out of hands of government.

would't it be from the gov alreadie funds, or do you think your tax would go up?

what is the rate of taxasion in the US?

#171315 - 01/14/09 06:54 PM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: celtic_flame]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
American's pay state taxes and federal taxes. (there are a few states without an income tax or a sales tax) Here in California, I pay 7.75% sales tax on most things, plus property taxes, vehicle license fees, unemployment insurance, disability insurance, and a percentage of my income as well to the state.

The federal income tax ranges from 10% to 35%, if I remember right. I'm in the 30% tax bracket, which is quite a chunk of money. People are allowed to "write off" business expenses, home mortgage interest, etc, before you get to the bottom line that has to be taxed.

I think the problem with the government is that it will tax us or use other funds to oversee this health plan, however many government plans have so much waste due to lack of organization and the money is not managed well or the future not considered.

We've all paid into Social Security taxes our whole lives, with the promise that once we retire we will have some sort of retirement income. However, now that the employee base is smaller (less money coming in) the government is saying the fund will run out of money right about the time I want to retire.

These are the types of issues we face here in America. How does your country handle the universal health care? Are there premiums/costs to you, or your employer, or what? How is it paid for? Do you have to wait a long time to get care, and is it quality care? Do you have a choice of doctor or hospital?

#171364 - 01/15/09 02:44 AM Re: The See Saw of legal gay marriage! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Here's a link to the NHS (National Health Service), Kathy. It provides a link to the way it is funded.

http://www.nhshistory.net/a_guide_to_the_nhs.htm

A background on National Insurance. There are variable rates of contribution to the NI because taxation is on a pay-as-you-earn basis.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/BeginnersGuideToTax/DG_4015904

And, for the rest of your queries here

http://www.nhs.uk/Pages/homepage.aspx

I'll have to come back with my personal experience of the NHS later and that of my daughter's as her medical practice is with the NHS. Must dash off to work.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved