I'm so happy to see BodyPump mentioned here and find some others who are big fans of it like I am!! I've been doing BodyPump for 4 years and I absolutely LOVE it!! I had been doing step-aerobics and other forms of exercise for many years before BodyPump came to our area, but I saw more change & better results in my first 3 months doing BodyPump than I ever got doing anything else. I have absolutely no problem sticking with it. I do it 3 mornings a week (on alternate days I use the elliptical machine for 30 minutes and then take an hour long Pilates class which I think is a great balance with the BodyPump).
Our gym is introducing BodyJam sometime in the next few weeks and then will be bring in BodyFlow at a later date and I'm anxious to try them all! We have BodyStep, but I'm not much into step anymore........have developed arthritis in one knee and step seems to aggravate it.
When I started doing BodyPump, I was a size 14.......I went down to a size 10 and have maintained that for the last 3 years.
It WORKS!! and one of the great things is that you can adjust your weights to your own abilities........as you get stronger you can increase them. I'm 50 and probably one of the oldest in some of my classes.......and it gives me a kick to be able to lift as much, if not more, than many of the younger ones. (and to be happy with the shape of my body when I look in the mirror!)
I'm really looking forward to when my gym brings in BodyFlow, too. I'm hoping I like it more than traditional yoga classes that I've tried.
Ann