quote:
Originally posted by DallasGal:
Mrs. Madness - have you tried using the little "hand warmer" "feet warmer" packets from an outdoors store? We use these when we go camping/skiing, hiking in fall/winter, etc.

There are two kinds - One is small enough not to irritate movement but is a one-time use deal...and the other uses a fluid that you light and heats the unit and reusable. The difference in cost I have seen is $3 for a pack of 3 or 4 or $20 for the reusable unit.

Yeah, we have a Cabellas catalog and I've seen that stuff but it's such a hassle....I have to order it and charge it on my credit card and wait forever for it to get here and then it won't fit in my boots and gloves.

My husband has a pair of battery powered socks (!) I wore them once but they barely worked and had big old battery packs that didn't fit inside my pants. Winter will be over in April--just 6 months away!

But it's the joints that really take a beating. Dammit, I'm fit though. And they're paying me, not vice versa. I never can seem to drag myself to one of those machines in the gym although I'm always telling myself that one day I'm going to do it, I never have. Normally i'd rather be outside doing something. This time I may have bitten off more than I can chew.