The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 231 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 21 of 28 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
#170167 - 01/06/09 06:10 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: seek]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That comment was not directed at you seek, or anyone in particular. It was what came to mind after growing weary reading what seemed to me to be the same old, same old, over and over again. You are so right however, this issue will NEVER be solved by us or anyone as there are those racists in the world that will die before admitting their prejudices exist. It's like war, taxes, abortion, and all the other useless discussions. NO one ever comes out on top!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170172 - 01/06/09 08:37 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
ED3,
I love what you said in that last post you wrote. I've always
been attracted to darker complexions and so has my best friend.
For example, Charley Pride is and was a favorite singer. There
are several young, black aids where my friend now lives, and
they are gorgeous. George Hamilton's tan, is something to behold. Me thinks guys with dark hair and darker skin are ooo la, la, too! But then there's Alan Jackson: He's a cute as they
make 'em! Title of this thread is Racism sucks! So there you are!!!!

#170176 - 01/06/09 08:51 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
heh heh Jabber,...you naughty little lady you.
So we got another thing in commom,...writing poetry and tall dark handsome men...

#170186 - 01/06/09 09:25 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm attracted to clean cut men of any race.

#170193 - 01/06/09 11:55 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: Dotsie]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
And my favorite type is tall, dark haired and blue/green eyed. Haven't married one tho'...hum, wonder why that is!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#170194 - 01/06/09 12:05 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: Mama Red]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
just my personal opinion that as long as racism is seen to be "out there," there will be little change for the better.
vir
as far as white women preferring darker skinned/haired males, i remember reading something eons ago but could not quote anything that it might have something to do with perception of virility - not sure why (for the same reason that males prefer younger females for their fertility . . . something that is hardwired). but i don't know for sure. it would be interesting to investigate.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#170195 - 01/06/09 12:08 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: seek]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
apparently it has something to do with higher levels of testosterone.

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2002/08/22/lions_mane020822.html

Edited by seek (01/06/09 12:10 PM)
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#170196 - 01/06/09 12:21 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: seek]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Here's one for you... Should the Senate allow Burris to become an acting Senator?????

#170203 - 01/06/09 01:40 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: jabber]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
seek -- I don't think you can make generalizations about preferences for certain types and call it "hard-wired." I also don't believe for a second that men living today in an industrialized country prefer younger women for their "fertility". I just don't believe that we are that much beholden to our biology. And calling human behavior "hard wired" is a way to excuse obnoxious choices. The man I'm now married to was widowed when he was 50 years old. A few of his friends encouraged him to date women in their 20s and 30s, but my man found them boring.

As for Burris -- the fact is that Illinois Gov. Blogoavich (sp?) didn't technically break any law (I think he'll get off) and as legally elected governor he has the right to fill the empty senate seat. Plus I don't think this is a race issue.

#170206 - 01/06/09 02:38 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: DJ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I agree, DJ., with your post. No one is hard wired to be attracted to anyone type.

Often there is a fact in ones childhood that attracts women to men. Sometimes the "dark is off limits," is a factor that excites women and I know my italain cousins get a lot of blondes this way, lol.

Often it is who we feel safer with, or who would upset our parents the most, etc... We all have reasons that are because of our past, things buried deep within us that cause us to be attracted to different people. Sometimes that attraction lasts, and sometimes it gets "old," and so the marriage suffers.

We also can be attracted to those who look like us, which is an ego thing that is popular. In all my years of therapy, I've heard them all.

The "forbidden fruit," attraction is a strong one and can create relationships from interracial if the parents were racists to the married man relationship because of all sorts of issues.

It's an interesting thing to study.

No one wins when racism is discussed. I won't rest until all of it is knocked out of this world but that won't be in my lifetime. Obama is a start, a good one, now I hope he will fulfill most peoples wishes and make a good president.

He has been put on a pedastal like a rock star and that is easy to fall off of. It ties his hands a lot creatively unless he is eally strong in his convictions.

I'm hopin he is. anyway, it's off subject...

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

Page 21 of 28 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved