Hey Todd, are you guys doing anything with kitchen decor? I don't cook enough to worry about appliances. Also, I'm a firm believer in style over function. So...

My kitchen, breakfast area, and den are open and there is a bathroom off the den that I have included in the same decorating scheme.

The whole space is done in animal prints with monkeys as the main theme. I started with monkeys when animal prints were just coming out and absolutely no one had monkeys. I painted a mural in the breakfast area of a monkey swinging in palm trees. The palm fronds extend into the window which is covered by a piece of thick clear acrylic that hangs in the window. I glass painted fronds on it so it lets in light but you can't see through. I glass painted ferns, etc. on the same acrylic window treatment for the kitchen window.

The den has an old fashioned beige couch with black and leopard pillows and fur throws and a large leopard painting. Everyone keeps giving me monkey stuff so I have monkeys everywhere.

Now that I've finally got it all done, I'm thinking of changing it. Any ideas? I want something really unusual.

smile

[ February 18, 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]