The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 252 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16176 - 02/08/04 09:24 PM Re: treadmill, doing fine
scootermammy Offline

Dottie - I am afraid I would just keep going back to fill the baggie. I think a craft project to keep my hands busy might work but so far I have failed miserably at the ones I have tried.

#16177 - 02/09/04 07:12 AM Re: treadmill, doing fine
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
In theory, one should just not bring fattening food into the house. If there's no ice cream in the freezer, I won't go out to get any.

This is the theory. The reality is that my skinny husband does most of the grocery shopping, and he always brings home chips/ ice cream/ sesame sticks etc. It takes a lot of will power when this stuff is staring me in the face, and some days it's worse than others.

It doesn't help that I work at home 5 days a week.

#16178 - 02/12/04 03:00 AM Re: treadmill, doing fine
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
SInce my daughter is a diabetic she asked for a cabinet for her food. This way she's not tempted by seeing the junk we buy for the boys. It's a big help.

Meredith, tell your husband that if he's going to bring the food in the house he has to hide it. [Razz]

#16179 - 02/16/04 03:47 AM Re: treadmill, doing fine
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Dotsie,

Would love to be a part of an online-diet/exercise program. I am still with the treadmill and in response to others, I am trying to watch what I eat; though sometimes I falter.

My husband and I have come to the conclusion--and we will do our best to stay with this---to take one day at a time with our diet and exercise program. This we plan on initiating today, February 15.

Please sign me up for your online program. This sounds very helpful and encouraging.

Ann

#16180 - 02/15/04 05:17 PM Re: treadmill, doing fine
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I read all the posts, and I'm hearing a common theme here. No motivation to continue or even start a diet or exercise program. So...I decided to list the Top 10 Motivations for starting a diet or exercise regime...

10. You hear "beep beep" when you back up

09. Your parter suddenly uses pet names like "tubby," "fluffy," etc. (brave, isn't he?)

08. You hear the clerk at the clothing store giggle and say under her breathe, "dream on" as you enter the dressing room with 1001 bathing
suits

07. You sheepishly explain to the saleswoman that you are needing something just a "tad" over the plus size. You hear the same, now familiar giggle.

06. The Domino's pizza delivery boy sends you a Christmas card

05. You get NON clothing articles for your birthday and it' been this way for 10 years

04. Krisbe Kreme Donuts stock soars and no one in the finanical market can explain it. You can.

03. Your friends ask who that was in the car with you and you know there was only one person in it...you.

02. Taco Bell calls and says, "we miss you!"

and the number one reason to motivate you is........

01. You have a reunion coming up

#16181 - 02/15/04 08:55 PM Re: treadmill, doing fine
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
So why would those piddly little ole' things drive you to diet. There's gotta be a better way.,,,,

10. You hear "beep beep" when you back up
##### Turn the radio up til you can't hear the bones crunching under your tennis shoe treads and you got no problem.

09. Your parter suddenly uses pet names like "tubby," "fluffy," etc. (brave, isn't he?)
#### Hey turn the radio up a little more and you won't hear 'him' crunching under the Good years either.

08. You hear the clerk at the clothing store giggle and say under her breathe, "dream on" as you enter the dressing room with 1001 bathing
suits
#### She won't bother you a bit once you get one of those suits around her neck. Stuff another one in her mouth and top it off with a little adhesive tape and you got no problem.

07. You sheepishly explain to the saleswoman that you are needing something just a "tad" over the plus size. You hear the same, now familiar giggle.
### (See Item # 06 above)

06. The Domino's pizza delivery boy sends you a Christmas card
### Give him the old goodyears as a Christmas gift. There may be tire tracks on you late hubby and besides the Dominoes guy will need them to replace the tires he'll wear out delivering pizza to your house several times a day for the next year.

05. You get NON clothing articles for your birthday and it' been this way for 10 years
#### Hey, what's the problem with non clothing items? Money is a non clothing item. So are diamonds and houses and cars. I say go for it!! Who needs clothes anyway? Get a tent!!

04. Krisbe Kreme Donuts stock soars and no one in the finanical market can explain it. You can.
#### Hey, Martha Stewart ain't the only one with inside information!!!

03. Your friends ask who that was in the car with you and you know there was only one person in it...you.
#### Lie. Say it was Rhett Butler. Hey, is he gonna' tattle? Not! He's dead.

02. Taco Bell calls and says, "we miss you!"
#### Tell 'em to send the tacos right over!!

and the number one reason to motivate you is........

01. You have a reunion coming up!!!

#### Oh my lord. Now there's one with no solution. None. Not one. No one can solve that one. Starvation, exercise, and an extreme makeover are the only solutions!!! (Well, maybe a near death experience or a life threatening illness or being held hostage by aliens or... Gee, bad news. I think you're gonna' have to DIET!!!

smile

[ February 16, 2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#16182 - 02/16/04 09:54 PM Re: treadmill, doing fine
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
For the reunion, just tell everyone you're Prudence Mayweather and keep asking if they remember you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved