I read this whole thread and I had to laugh at the end. I am just an artist, only an artist. I made my living as one, supported my sons as one and live my whole life as one.

I wish I could get involved in this discussion because I have views as well. I cannot even BEGIN to argue/discuss on the level of you, Gims, or anyone on this thread. I would sound simple.

As an artist, I watch people and learn a lot about society without participating in it regardless of the fact that I am educated as far as one can go in my field.

Artists are a tight bunch, at least those of us who do concerts in large halls and work at it for a living and actually make one. We make "stoopid," money sometimes, as the song, "I want my MTV," says in it's lyrics:

"Look at that yo-yo, that ain't working, play the guitar on the MTV." "Money for nothing and your chicks for free."

We do have opinions but some of us never have a voice.

So ~ from where I'm sitting, you all sound very intelligent and I enjoyed reading this thread. Some points I would argue, some I would not, but it was highly entertaining and insightful.

Me, I'll support my political ideas the way most artists do: I'll appear at the events and read the literature and tell as many da@#$ people and I can with a microphone and a fan list.

Thank you for the debates.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"