Quote:

I believe the loneliest a person can be is when you are with someone who is not with you.

Anno, that really hit home. Such a profound tidbit of poignant wisdom...

Eyeore (one of my favourite Pooh characters - my very favourite WTP story is Pooh Sticks where Eyeore is the central character, for once), I just wanted to add my voice to welcome you here to BWS.

I agree with the other comments about different people having different needs/expectations for vacation. When I used to work full-time, I desperately craved quiet downtime, with little to no planned physical activities (my job was extremely physical). Now that I'm retired, I'm much more interested in exploring and doing as much as we can in whatever place we're visiting.

I think my Mom and Dad experienced the same dichotomy of expectations. Mom enjoyed company and activities, Dad craved solitude and serenity - lying on his lounge chair smoking his cigars and reading science fiction novels was pure heaven for him, while it bordered on torture for Mom. She was much happier when other people came and built cottages on the neighboring lots.

(Maya Angelou)