The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#150989 - 06/22/08 02:54 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
if you do a "google" on fried bananas with syrup, you'll get more recipes than you want...

#150990 - 06/22/08 02:59 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Banana Foster! That's the one. No wonder I went deaf. It's the rum. Thanks, JJ.

#150991 - 06/22/08 03:38 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
No Dee, I never heard of salted peanuts in a coca cola. but I promise you I'll try it! I'll let you know how I liked it; burp and all! lol

#150992 - 06/22/08 04:09 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Edelweiss...if you can find the little packs of salted peanuts that's the best. Take an ice cold coka cola and slowly pour the salted peanuts into the coke...it should start to foam a little...you add a few, drink and eat the peanuts...(yum)...pour more peanuts in your coke, drink and eat...and pretty soon you'll have lots of peanuts floating in your coke...man, I've given myself a craving...

JJ...okay...pineapple AND peanut butter AND mayo? I've made pineapple and mayo but never combined it with peanut butter...I'm with Jabber...all three sound pretty disgusting. Not sure I want to try that one.
Banana Foster...YUM YUM YUM

#150993 - 06/22/08 06:18 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Dee]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Glad to know there are fellow bug/critter catchers here. Anne, you had pet snakes? Not e when I was a kid, but in the course of 'paying for my raising' my oldest son was a snake person. He knew good from bad, & I got called to his 3rd grade teachers once for him taking a snake he caught on the playground both into the classoom & brought it home on the bus! HE kept pet snakes - I used to help him catch snakes for his pet snake to consume. His last snake was a 13ft Bermese Python. Ding-Gong me gave it to him for his 16th B-day!

#150994 - 06/25/08 12:55 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Q_ball]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Qball,
When I was a kid, I saw my adoptive maternal grandmother us a shovel to chop the head off a rather large snake. I'll never forget it. And I've hated snakes ever since. Don't like spiders, either. There were lots of spiders in the barn, hay.

#150995 - 06/25/08 01:42 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: jabber]
Q_ball Offline

I'm with you on the vivid memories of beheaded snakes. And the spiders, them and wasps..I declair "lol that's southern" that a wasp will chase you, especially those large Red angry ones. Although once while wheelchair bound 'home alone' I used wasp spray on a rather large jumping spider who was playing hopscotch on my ceiling. He fell to the floor and I rolled back to get out of his decent path. When he hit the floor he started running straight toward me with his little front feelie things up in the air. LOL I thought it was coincedence, nope, where ever I rolled here he came! At a backwards glance it was quite funny, since I wasn't all that experieced at wheelchair manuvers, just me and a doped up spider in battle. One PO'd Sprider at that...carpet or not I nailed his butt with one of DH's cowboy boots! Finally a reason to be glad he don't always put his boots away.

#150996 - 06/25/08 05:30 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Q_ball]
Lola Offline

Goody, spiders. My curiosity with them as a child went the full hog. I remember catching one, pulling off a leg to see whether it could still walk with the remaining 7.

#150997 - 06/25/08 05:43 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Lola]
Q_ball Offline

LOLA! Eueee You did What? Well did it limp or what? I caught Grandaddy long legs a few ties but always got the heebeejeebies and tossed them. Any other spider stories in your youth? WOW A girl who liked spiders, how bout now? I once put a tree frog in a city kids jumpsuit..LOL

#150998 - 06/25/08 05:56 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Q_ball]
Lola Offline

I stayed away from frogs, QBall. I've always had a yikes! moment with them. Funnily enough, I am not averse to eating them now. And, snails.

Yep. It limped on 7 legs I must say, I was quite good at catching those on a webspin and trying to pull the silk from that end. Yep. Spidergirl personified. I even used to let them crawl up my arms and wanted one as a pet. Never been allowed one though. Mom was terrified of them. So, was Dad. I'd have rescued you from that spider.

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved