Ok, girlfriends, I think I need to take your advice and visit a podiatrist. I did an "open house" today. I wore Clarks clogs with a raised sole, but not a heel. I mean, they are slip on clogs. It was a beautiful day here and people were out hiking and riding their bikes, not looking at houses. So I sat for nearly 3 hours, off my feet. But now, 3-4 hours after the open house, my feet are throbbing and my calves are tingling. The arches hurt. Renee, I have some old pairs of Easy Spirit sandals that I won't give up because they hurt my feet but not as much as others. So, Orchid, you think orthodicts? I'm usually pretty intuitive about my body. I like to go to the DR and tell him/her what is wrong, and he/she just confirms for me, and prescribes. But I've got no soul with this foot leg thing. Renee, what are SAS? Well, thanks for listening. I think the bottom line is to see the podiatrist. At least I have my worries in writing here so I can bring this thread along so I don't forget anything! Thanks, any further advice would be appreciated. PL