mrsmuzz, I love your thoughts about Jesus getting away to pray. I believe wholeheartedly in getting quiet. It's essential.

Dana, I agree that faith is in the heart.

Evie and optimum, I believe it's not what we get out of church, but we we give God while we are there. There have also been times when I get more out of my prayer group or Bible study than Sunday worship.

What I'm realizing while reading these posts is it's not all about me. Imagine that? Worship is about what I give back to God. It's what I need to do to thank Him for the many blessings He bestows upon my loved ones and me every single day of my life. I need to go sing His praises.

Maggie, I believe all churches are made of sinners.

Julie, my husband and I did The Purpose Driven Life together. Are you doing the same, or is 40 Days of Purpose different?

smile, I also believe the church inside us is what's important.

After reading all your posts I've come to a conclusion. I haven't been going to church because I haven't been getting much out of it. How selfish is that?

My butt will be in a pew this Sunday morning. It may not be in my church home, but it will be a church. I can't make excuses for my weak disciplined self any longer. I'm only talking about me here. What everyone else does is personal. I've had my break, my time away to pause and reflect, and it's been good. Thanks to all of you for helping me work through this. I love you for your honesty. It's time for my to worship God in His house again.