The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 252 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#138504 - 01/19/08 02:23 AM Re: A phone call made me happy [Re: ladyjane]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
How great is that?!

#138505 - 01/19/08 09:51 AM Re: A phone call made me happy [Re: gims]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Isn't it amazing how angels arrive just when we need them?

#138506 - 01/19/08 01:35 PM Re: A phone call made me happy [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
MA, are you feeling more like yourself today? Let us know how you are when you have time. Thinking of you!

#138507 - 01/22/08 02:38 PM Re: A phone call made me happy [Re: jawjaw]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Some friends just feel when to be there..donĀ“t they?

#138508 - 01/26/08 09:35 AM Re: A phone call made me happy [Re: humlan]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mountain, although it has been a few days since I've read this thread, I cannot seem to get you off my mind. So endearing of both of you gals. I pray we all have such friends not just for in time of need, but always.

#138509 - 01/26/08 10:18 AM Re: A phone call made me happy [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

You all lighten my day.Its a long story my medical issue and I would gladly PM the details.But since having emails re. my posts I have decided not to go public.
Yet were my surgeon to ask I would speak openly to anyone.Indeed one friend is now seeking a consultation with the same lady.
Today Mustang the fact you cared enough to say something is so wonderful.Thank you.
MA

#138510 - 01/26/08 10:35 AM Re: A phone call made me happy [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

The fellowship given.
I went to the ward on a sunday.soon to be joined by Anne.She needed cheering.I had a hysterectomy in 1996 so was able to be supportive.We bonded and in one area of my life she had answers.Both being boomers we had shared history.We talked and believe me when I admit I enjoyed my tiime with her.Come Monday we both had operations and again were there for each other.Tuesday we were joined by an older lady Joy.She had been in the ward before and was dying.I admit to wondering if the bond Anne and I had would go..not to be.Joy had answers I had waited for all my life.Our pain was well controlled and actually we may have been a bit "high" we were solemn and we were hysterical.For five days we were a bonded non family.I have long waited to see an aura..one night in the ward I saw Joy's aura as she lay diagonaly and I will never forget this.Joy had a song she kept trying to remember the words too.My Susan google it and by tea time we sang this Eurovison song from the 1960's
Despite my draw back and maybe further investigation that time was made good.By pure sisterhood.When I met Anne she cannot yet even speak about Joy...Anne will be a friend who I will continue to think special.I have been in hodpital before seriously ill in 1984 and it has been fine.Girls I had an experience in July which will sustain me for the rest of my life.I knew at the time it was special and held on to every deed and act.There was a spiritual reason for we three meeting.Joy moved to another hospital the day before I left.
Not good news.
Anne worked for years as a nursing assitant and she feels se had not seen such kinship.Perhaps God was showing favour to us.Bless both Anne and Joy..
MA

#138511 - 01/26/08 04:05 PM Re: A phone call made me happy [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
MA, Bless your heart. If more people were made to walk a mile in someone elses shoes they wouldn't be cruel enough to send nasty messages to a person who is trying to be honest and stating her opinion. None of us knows what situation someone may be living under that is draining and difficult. I am so glad to see these happy words about your friends Anne and Joy. Everyone needs friends like them and like YOU!! Out of a thousand women posting and reading here, 999 of them adore you, remember that...HUGS

Edited by chatty lady (01/26/08 04:08 PM)

#138512 - 01/26/08 04:44 PM Re: A phone call made me happy [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Joy was in her 80's She and her late husband had adopted her son as a baby.. Her testimony answered questions I had about being left with my Grandparents.Shetold me of her Father and wept still talking me through his infirmity and humility.The years melted away as she spoke and I saw the lovely young woman Joy had been
.I was able to take to her some behaviour I have observed at church.Among a jealous group.She advised me how to proceed.This was exactly right for the situation.It would have been wrong to ask locally so again I gained.
Joy had been.She spoke through her church work..The squares her group knitted to send to Malawi for the girls to make into garments.(My frend M.also fundraises for orphans in Malawi) My wish as a child was to go there as a missionary.
Joy laughed like a girl and sung..tried to eat..held my hand.I did her nails and rubbed hand cream and love each day.She was moved to the city hospital where she received palative care until her passing.
I saw her nurse weeping then straighten her back to serve others when Joy was collected.Parting was sore.
When I met Anne she spoke about our laughter..which was sacred but cannot yet speak of Joy apart from saying "how we three laughed.Ordinary memories became entertaining .and believe me there were memories in abundance.
MA

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved