In Arizona, there is a HUGE demand for home health care, caretakers, home helpers and the like! We must be the retirement capital of the country because there is an endless demand for these services! My own mother requires a caregiver but this woman has no formal training, just years on the job and good references. The woman that lives with my mother manages many homes for those who require assisted living and employs people to live there and take care of the residents.

She will buy a large home, put some of these people who can't live alone in a bedroom for a fee, and have another live-in caretaker run the home. She is on call for emergencies. I think she has SOME medical education from long ago but nothing like a degree. She works with the mentally disabled most exclusively but makes quite a bit of money doing it.

I was a bit taken aback when she told me that she was semi-retired and took "my two favorites," to live in her home with her. That was my mother and another woman. So, in a large home, there is my mother with a room and another woman whose mother is still alive and comes to visit often. Sometimes I think she "took," my mother with her into her own home because my mother rarely complains and has a good trust fund to tap. It's good that my mom has a fiduciary to watch her funds!

But, that is off the topic a bit. Home health is a booming feild in Arizona!

dancer9

"Question your privilege"