Oh Princess Lenora, my dear, anytime would be good to move her. I know that's sad and hard for any family to do but...given your dad's situation, you risk more than just losing your Mom. We feared more for my Dad than my Mom at a point. He had the alarm set for 3 times a night to get her up for the bathroom. He was exhausted, even when he had a daytime helper in. What forced him in our situation was the day Mom sat at the kitchen table and ceased moving. She spent a week in the hospital in a semi-comatose state. Then she went to a facility where she spent 6 1/2 years deteriorating until she passed, mercifully. There's no magic time that happens when everyone knows that a move is necessary, because everyone is different. Where there is little money to get help in the home, I would say the move should take place sooner than later. She may not be happy but she'll adjust and your Dad will be able to visit on his own terms. I remember conversations with my Mom that would start out logically and then she'd be in tears describing something really strange. One time I remember a short but normal talk and it went into flying in a plane and seeing fire on the ground everywhere. It's in the process, unfortunately. Lenora, there is probably no real answers to the questions you have about her mental health as to whether it is really Alzheimer's or a mental illness. Either way, it's exacerbated beyond a healthy control for all of you. You will have questions always, but sometimes you have to set them aside and deal with today only and the future as it comes. And remember, part of this is grief for you. I grieved for years as every little part of Mom left. By the time she died, I was able to speak at her funeral and the grieving was not very intense...it had already happened. Please keep us posted! I pray for your father especially.