The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#133826 - 12/09/07 12:46 AM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

by Princess: I might feel all right if I had a sense of safety and security that what I am thinking and feeling is "right on." I make a decision, then think I should have made another.

Brings a question to my mind...
How do you believe -
1. No matter what decision you make, it will be the right one because of your "destiny." (You know, the all is meant to happen sorta thing.)
2. We are preprogrammed to make decisions based on prophecy.
3. There is no rhyme or reason to the decisions we make. It is all connected to how we feel in the moment, sometimes being spotted with sound judgements.
4. We have a guardian angel telling us what we should do in all things and the angel steers us in the right direction.
5. We play by rules... usually other peoples' rules instilled in us, very few being formulated by ourselves.

#133827 - 12/09/07 01:47 AM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think it's really important too, Anno!
To know that your're "okay," in my opinion is
one of the most important thing to having a good life!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#133828 - 12/09/07 01:56 AM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

Gimster,I find yours an interesting question. I make my decisions by the way that it feels to me, right or wrong or to take another route. I feel that my belief system is always securely with me, therefore, always a part of my decisions.

#133829 - 12/09/07 12:16 PM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
when making a desision i go through a period of vulribilitie when i am open to having my mind changed, if i am honest. Sometimes with me it makes or takes a while for it or for me to be sure it is the right desision. I also hold the NUMBER 1 part of your list GIMSTER, so i know all i do will b allright but at the same time i also know that one can stray off a path a bit with somethings, and eventhough it is all right its not quite as it should be.....I have left situasion and been unsure and was onlie sure that i was wrong after too long a period of time to make it right. I have also stayed weer i should not have, learned a lot through those situasions but had the unease and hindsight knowlage that i was in wrong place again. pheewwww.
Sometimes for me decisions have been made and actions dune without"rhyme or reason" they felt right it was an intuitive hunch and they turned out to be the right thing for me to do at the time. I do think we have some devine guidances or gardian angel but i have known i have turned a death ear at times or other times genuinlie not knowen what the message was.
the number 5 i not sure if i do play by others rules, as much as i don't want to hurt other people sometimes its necassarie for me to do what i belive is the right thing to do. At times thes types of decisions can be unpopulare but if i am sure or onces i am sure then i get commited to that action and their no turning back. as i started saying the short time after some decisions is the hardest as i am more vulrible to haveing my mind swayed so sometimes i don't tell anyone untill i am sure....for right or wrong.

#133830 - 12/09/07 12:22 PM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

ANNO
that finding a neck becouse sholders arn't keeping the ears warm is something i fami;lure with, i am trying as hard as i can to purpislie cheeck this out becouse i too fed up finding my shoulders aching becouse i just relaxed from a big bit of tensi9on. All i can think of is as you do be concise of this part of my bodie and how bad my ulser is.

I am goin throw some changies at the moment changies of attitude and practicalities, several diffrent threads going on all at onces. the onlie regulare thing happening is some meditasion weer i clear my mind and see what pops in....when something dose pop in then i explore it, its painfull being truthfull to ones self but the onlie way anything gets done, well for me. I also listening to myself more, and watched a few movies that i seen before but was called to watch again now.....ah intuision thats what i trying to say, i am remberring not to just let or allow logic but also intuision to guide me at the moment, seems to be doing or shifting something.
think this is a process wearby i get to be allight DANCER, for me its the process and not a finished finalise state at the moment.

#133831 - 12/09/07 12:24 PM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

i been ofered work and don't know weather to take it or not. It involves going back to something is onces did and done well. I am examining why i left or stoped and paying attension to a few arrows that all pointing in same direction.....
work and right type of job or activitie is crucial to me being all right at the moment, or maybee my place in all this is to help this other woman start her owen bussiness, anyway i am all ears and eyes at the moment.

#133832 - 12/09/07 02:39 PM You are okay if... [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
To answer the original question, you are good inside if you can laugh or even smile midst a scary situation. If you can look at the sunrise or sunset and see beauty. If you can watch all animals or even a hummingbird and be amazed at how precious life truly is. If you can look into the eyes of another person and see the Spirit of God. To me, that's how you know, you've got it together.
What say U?

#133833 - 12/09/07 07:22 PM Re: You are okay if... [Re: jabber]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Well, I believe that intuition and insight and inspiration can guide us to what is all right in our world. Inspiration means "the breath of God." I also believe that prayer and meditation can be a part of the guiding principle and process. And I also think that Gimster's #5 plays a part. I have habit of second guessing myself based on what has been ingrained which is not necessarily my own true initial feeling/thought. I've tried consciously to remove the second guessing habit, and I am doing much better. I try to bring myself back to the "raw" feeling or thought or action, before it was "cooked" to death by analyzing. I rarely come home from work or whatever to say to myself, "OMG I said such and such. How could I have said that? I should have said something else instead." I used to do that repeatedly only to drive myself crazy. I don't want to pick on my mother, yet she was a source of my learning to second guess. One Christmas she called to see if I had opened my Christmas presents. I said I opened one of the two. She said, "Oh, you should have opened the other one first." Whichever one I opened first, she would have said the other one. I was in my forties, and in that moment, I realized a genesis of the second guessing game I played with myself and others. I realized that I did not have to live by her insecurity, which led her to always second guess herself. I could make my own way, and be more assurred that what I am doing/saying is the right thing at the moment. If it's not, I have learned ways to "right" myself, mostly via prayer, meditation, and journal writing. The worst mind game I play with myself in regards to second guessing is my marriage. After 19 years, plus 4 before marriage, I am still second-guessing the relationship! I have a ways to go in this process of knowing when I am all right and my relationship is all right.

Edited by Princess Lenora (12/09/07 07:26 PM)

#133834 - 12/09/07 07:44 PM Re: You are okay if... [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Princess Lenora,
I'm so glad you have overcome that habit your mother had about questioning your decisions!
I always remember what my grandfather told me.
He said that if I made a decision, at least I made one, which got things going. If I made the wrong one there was always a way to correct it but if I didn't make one, nothing changes and change is good!
Good for you!
dancer9

#133835 - 12/10/07 02:03 AM Re: You are okay if... [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Forgot about intuition. Good one.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved