I prefer small town.....and I miss it! I feel the same about city people, the same way city dwellers feel about small town people. I DO like what the city has to offer as for as museums and theater, but the rest of it I don't want. I hate hearing the sirens of police and ambulances all hours of the day in the cities. I prefer the sound of the singing birds & the soft breeze blowing through the trees. I don't like he horrible traffic in the city, & I feel the people are a little cold & not as friendly. As far as food goes, I think you find the BEST food in small towns, especially off the beaten paths. Most everything is made from scratch and is organic. I read that Bon Appettit magazine voted a restaurant in a very small town in Illinois as having the best BBQ in the nation. There are craft fairs, farmers markets, old beautiful country churches ,antique malls, allot of history to explore, & smart entrepreneurs in small towns. I like the sense of community and knowing the people who live there.