Wow!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] Was I suprised when I came on after not having been here in a few months to find this post. I have been struggling for months trying to figure out what God is telling me to do. Just when I think I've figured it out then something happens that tells me I am all wrong. Recently I quit a critique group that I have been in for about a year, was on the verge of quitting a writer's group, postponed joining a prayer group all beccause I thought God was pushing me in a different direction. I was attempting to start up a writing group that would meet face to face on a regular basis and I was asked to be a Stephen Minister at our church. Both of these endeavors will take a lot of time and I felt as if I needed to shed some other things so I could devote myself to these along with my writing and babysitting and raising a preschooler. So I cleared a lot of my other commitments away. Then the new writer's group that I was trying to pull together started to fall apart and the Stephen Ministry training doesn't start till fall. So here I was with nothing. (or so I thought.) I was even believing that my anxiety was turning into depression and I would need to change or increase the drugs I was taking.
I prayed fervently still unsure about the direction I was supposed to take.
Any way to make a long story a little shorter, The writer's group didn't completely fall apart. The other two interested women and I have decided to put it on hold until July. The Stephen Ministry thing of course is on hold until Fall and I hope by that time that things will have worked out with my daughter so I can pursue it. If not then God has other plans for me and hopefully will reveal them.
My daughter's depression is acting up again in a pretty serious way, so I'm thinking that was God's message for me. I needed time to devote to my family and myself first and things will work out in his time and I need to be patient.
Coming to this conclusion has helped me a great deal because after a period of not writing very much for a couple of months now I actually have written two articles in the last five days one of which is already posted and the other should be posted next week if not sooner.
I feel such relief at being able to write again and hope that after my vacation next week I can get all my ducks in a row and start writing and submitting again.
So anyway to answer the question, I find that God has to gently yell at me for me to hear his whispers. Someday I pray that I will get the message on the first gentle whispers instead of waiting for the gentle yells. Until then though I guess I'll have to turn the hearing aids up. [Big Grin]
Thanks for posting this at this point in time. We all need gentle reminders to listen harder and question less.

Thanks Bunches [Roll Eyes]
From someone who can be very hard of
hearing, [Roll Eyes]
Angel(Chris Weigand) [Smile]