The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#127941 - 10/01/07 10:03 PM Re: going grey [Re: Dianne]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Go Songbird and your grey glory! Love your fearlessness.

I hope to be like that one day. When I get noticeably grey, I probably think seriously of getting an edgier/funkier haircut style. I am willing to spend abit of money on quality chic haircuts that don't require much upkeep.

#127942 - 10/03/07 09:49 AM Re: going grey [Re: dancer9]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
One of the most strikingly beautiful women I've ever seen was in her 40's with shiny, healthy straight silver hair and it was so healthy that it moved and caught the light.
What I think is unattractive about gray hair is when its dry and brittle and permed and sticks out like a Qtip all over the head but that doesn't look good with any color.

#127943 - 10/04/07 09:31 AM Re: going grey [Re: NewLeaf]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Thanks, Orchid and Dancer.
GRAY hair does turn more difficult to manage. The ends get dryer and you need to be pickier about what products to use or not. I am trying to find products that work for my hair and keep it conditioned and shiny. Today, I'm on my way to get it trimmed. I need to be presentable.
NABBW & NAWW

#127945 - 10/04/07 11:14 PM Re: going grey [Re: ]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I still have a real problem with gray on me. I don't know if it will ever change.

#127946 - 10/05/07 08:03 AM Re: going grey [Re: NewLeaf]
Mountain Ash Offline

Grey hair..for a long time I coloured the stray grey hairs.Only now and then and I had a perfect match with one product.Then as grey more came it had to be oftener.then roots were popping after just two weeks.So I had a really short haircut when I was in the city.Still some tips of the semi permenant then finally all my own colour...I like it.It needs a suitable shampoo as its a different texture but the hair is evenly spaced and looks ok.
This week I fell and cut my head on the hairline so I used a medicated shampoo..its awful and shows how shampoo is important.
I do notice other peoples roots and few people keep them just so.That piebald thing I think is awful.Especially on elevators and its then I am glad I am as I am.
Mountain ash

#127947 - 10/06/07 07:27 PM Re: going grey [Re: Songbird]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Songbird, There is a brand: Pureology, that is good for your type of hair problem. It is pricy but when you use it, you need so little, it lasts forever. It is conditioning and the shampoo is the same. It stays where you put it on your head when you apply it, (even the shampoo,) and is easier to work with that way. It is also thicker than other shampoos to do that. The conditioner is the same. It stays on your hair where you rub it until you decide to spread it through your hair so it is thicker and easy to give yourself some extra conditioning by waiting a few min. to take it off. Again, it is called "Pureology," or it might be "Purology," but regardless, it is some hair dressers choice for themselves. If you dye your hair, it is also amazing for hair that is dry due to color.
I know of these things from being a hair model for 15 years.

Best of luck, Song bird, I'm sure you are lovely.
dancer

Edited by dancer9 (10/06/07 07:32 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#127948 - 10/06/07 07:33 PM Re: going grey [Re: Dianne]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Dianne, I've spent a LOT of time in MN! Is that where you are now? I simply LOVE that state! It's kind to artists, takes care of their people, and the people there are very kind. I've worked there too. I started early in my career at the MN Dance Theater on Hennipen(sp.) and have worked there, playing with Prince at his Glam Slam club when he was there, even being there with him and Miles Davis! MN is a great state, I always say! I'd better slow down until I know if you are there, but if you are, yes, that red will help you separate out from all those blondes there!
dancer

Edited by dancer9 (10/06/07 07:37 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#127949 - 10/16/07 01:35 PM Re: going grey [Re: dancer9]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Wow, such differing views girls! I'm going grey and just leaving it...I call them my "wisdom hairs"! They show I have survived and learned!

#127950 - 11/04/07 01:41 AM Re: going grey [Re: Countrygirl]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm a "wash and go" kind of gal and don't mess with my hair at all. I used to be really precious about it but having lost it all in chemo in 1998, don't get real hung up on it now (other than trimming those little wings that sprout up overnight.) I've never colored it.

As an olive-skinned brunette, I'd look like Barf City as a blond. MAJORLY Barf City, y'know? Currently 25/75% salt/pepper. I heard all the rumors about white hairs growing in thicker or wiry, but no such luck here. I would've liked wiry for a change. Mine is baby-fine, thin, and like soft fur. I'm OK with the silver but still think I need to go purple at least once.

As far as those shaved or overly-plucked eyebrows: how do we spell C-H-E-M-O EYEBROWS?? (Insert barfing icon here. Literally.) If you're going through chemo, you have an excuse for looking like that -- but WHY would anyone else want to look like they were???

Poet and essayist

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved