I thought about this latest interchange all weekend. I have to admit, I was very disturbed by it. I have to admit, I'm not crazy about angry confrontation, so that's part of it.

Yet it seemed like a lot of hurtful things were said that probably didn't need saying -- especially in a public forum. And a lot of intolerance for who other people are.

One of the things that boomer women can do is create more wisdom in the world. We can do that by being true to ourselves, yes, and rejoicing in that. At the same time we can deepen our knowledge of ourselves so it becomes no longer necessary to lash out at others. And we can extend our compassion for ourselves to others. At the same time indicating boundaries when people cross them in a polite, but firm way.

I do want to apologize for answering NL's questions publicly. Due to the nature of this forum, it was probably something best answered with a PM.

I'm not saying this well, but I was really disturbed by the interchange and am not expressing this as well as I can.

Take what you like and leave the rest.