"I know that this is not a popular belief among many Christians, but we all go to the Father when we die. Ecclesiastes 12:6-7

Even satan is being held in Heaven by Michael the Archangel."
----------

Hi Cathi,

I love you in the name of our Lord but I must reply to your post, as it is untrue. We all do not go to heaven when we die, unless we believe Jesus died on the cross, arose and is the son of God then we are saved. (Romans 10:9)

Not to give Satan too much credit, here is additional info on your comment that he is in Heaven with God:

Satan is not in Heaven. If you look to Luke 10:18, Jesus replied to other men (approx. 70 that had come back from the towns Jesus had sent them to heal the sick and to declare Jesus' arrival), "I saw Satan fall like lightening from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." Another text which confirms this passage is Isaiah 14:12, which says that Satan has fallen from heaven (Isaiah 14:12)

Here is a good article about this topic: http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=186

We do not live by the Old Testament but by the New Testament, as it is the fulfillment of Jesus' birth and death, who died for our sins (the good news!)

I'm also not sure what you are referring to when you pointed to Ecclesiastes 12:6-7. Although it says in verse 7 …"and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it," this is just one text taken out of context. Yes, we will return to God, after we have accepted Him into our hearts.

Although the Old Testament has a lot of historical facts and great wisdom and poetry and even shapes the world of the New Testament, we live by the New Testament which is the fulfillment of the stories/prophecies of the Old Testament.

For more information about the New Testament, go here: http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=2077
I've also found this site very useful: www.GotQuestions.org but please feel free to confer with your pastor for confirmation. Hope this has been useful.

In love,