Jane, the compitition in the realestate business here in Germany is as big as in the States.

I have an average of about 50 to 80 clicks on my website per day. When it's really good I get around 150. It doesn't knock you off your rocker, but compared to my small business real estate colleagues, well, I'm doing something right.

Marketing is the key of course, but where? I try to get people curious in my newspaper adds. Just tid bits of information and then the website address printed BIG for more info. I believe too much info in your ad, kills their curiosity to seek more.

I advertise in the local and larger papers. I'm in about 20 different internet sites and use the same method; just enough information to make 'em curious. It really pays off. I sell about 90% through internet, so my largest investment is in advertising. I have also tried billboards, but they don't bring much. It's too much trouble for people to write your web-site address out.

We are in two different businesses, but marketing is marketing. That always remains the same.