The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 42 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#109781 - 03/05/07 12:24 AM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I hope the police do something about this. Having "fun" at someone else's expense is not okay.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#109782 - 03/05/07 12:58 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
it might of been the same bunch of people it might of been a diffrent lot....the ones thst weer anoying you mustang weer boys and bikes...if it's men with a car they might be too seperate lots...did they just come to the door chapp/ring and then leave again or weer they repeatedly doing it?

It was full moon time wasnet't it , have you noticed that people generallie get quite strange at that time of the mounth. I dunno we just got too much water in us we tidal and bonkers lol....some more so than others.
I hope it hasent shoock you up too much mustange, just let time pass and hopefullie you wont heer from the pests again...if not straight to the police, good luck love

celtic

#109783 - 03/05/07 03:03 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: ]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I don't want to start an argument but what I was referring to is that it seems the biggest problem people who are against guns have is that guns were invented to kill people. And our latest war was based on another country owning weapons of mass destruction.

The point I was trying to make was that abortion and illegal organ reaping, but mostly abortion kills more people than have been killed in the last two wars alone and the weapons used are legal and politically correct.

I'm offended by the rhetoric surrounding abortion. But it seems its wrong for the random killing or "friendly fire" by a frightened senior citizen but the random killing of millions is sanctioned??? and the weapons used for that killing are still legal??? I frankly don't understand.

#109784 - 03/05/07 05:50 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: NewLeaf]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I guess this is a subject where everyone will have to agree to disagree. Our constitution says we have a right to bear arms.....to protect our self. I don't see a problem with owning a gun. But that doesn't mean I will walk around packing a gun and holster looking for a showdown to whom ever looks at me wrong neither. It means to me, if someone were to break in my house and try to kill, rape, or attack me or my loved ones, I have the right to defend myself by using a gun or whatever means is available. I hope and pray that I will NEVER be put in that situation to have to choose to harm another person. For those who don't believe in having guns, you could still kill someone by whacking them with a ball bat, a candlestick holder, or stabbing with a knife. It is still hurting or killing someone no matter what you use. And I would not feel good about any of it!!!.... no matter what weapon of choice I might have to use. Just my 2 cents.

#109785 - 03/05/07 07:06 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: Cookie]
celtic_flame Offline

yea you can still kill someone with a ball bat, or knife etc. I sure many have diead by those means .....but it might be more likely that one could/would killed them with a gun...well in my hands at lest that be the case.....

Seriously do we have a right to kill someone who broke into our houses if they were gonna robb us or steal our car dose that make it ok to kill someone? What is insurances for?

If we could keep the topic calm while we discussed it what would be the circumstancies that are aceptable (or rather unaceptable) to you in which you would personaly kill someone.

Apart from no chocolate in the house

Oh and from a non american how easiy is it to buy a legal gun and what background tests are conducted before you are sold a gun?

celtic

#109786 - 03/05/07 08:26 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

NLeaf
I am not quite sure were the topic of abortion fits in heer with the chat about guns (apart from loads of people and potencial people have been killed, by your logic) but if its something you want to strongly discuss then why not post a seperate topic, with its own "abortion" heading. That way people wont stumple across it by accident and considerring it is an emotive issue for woman who have had abortions then they know what they are getting into befrore opening and reading the thread....So those women are safe and you get your chat about your strongly held views

Just a suggestion

celtic

#109787 - 03/05/07 09:03 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its just sad that there are so many ways we can end up dead before our time, and at someone elses hands besides Gods. I pray none of us are ever put into the position of our very lives being in some mental/evil persons hands. I can imagine nothing worse....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#109788 - 03/06/07 12:44 AM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
It makes me very sad too. It makes me sad that the hearts of people steal and murder and cheat and hate and so many things...the worst is the sexual battery and murder of children to me.
The stay at home husband who murdered and mutilated his wife in the news just in the past day or so. There is no limit to how "bad" people can be and it doesn't hurt to be responsible about your own safety, just as it is considered to be justified to be in control of your own reproduction. To me its all just a matter of taking charge of your own person.

I'm saying that if its OK to choose to get rid of a child because of inconvenience, or rape or whatever, then why isn't it OK to "choose" to own a gun? I don't see owning a gun for protection and "choosing" to end a life by means of cutting or suctioning as two different topics.

Why aren't we mortified when someone male or female makes the choice , last minute or pre meditated to end innocent life? I see no difference other than the political correctness of one act over the other.

Is it OK to club someone to death in a bag just because you can't see them or watch them die? How cruel and insensitive and primtive is that? The womb is just like a bag containing a human being. Seems much more humane to own a gun and have the option to defend ourselves and loved ones if we choose to.

I for one am not going to let someone break into my home and take my things or harm my pets or children or myself, without doing something about it. If they wanted something of mine and asked for it, they could have it. But we have the right to defend and believe me, the police don't respond in seconds.

#109789 - 03/06/07 01:23 AM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: NewLeaf]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am confused NL. Not trying to instigate anything, but . .

are you for guns and for abortion? Or is one okay and not the other?

Or against both? I don't get the connection.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#109790 - 03/06/07 02:18 AM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: Anno]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Altruistic forum, one in which everyone is right and wrong, without any differences. Equality.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved