The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#109771 - 03/03/07 11:42 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: mrs_madness]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Mrs. Madness, I fully agree

It saddens me deeply, as to how America has changed since I've lived there. It's so frightening to know you need to own a gun for your own protection. Still, I wonder why none of my friends or family members in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine own a gun.

New leaf I've never heard such a weak excuse to own a gun. "Guns are tools and hammers kill…?" oh pooolease….!

#109772 - 03/04/07 01:30 AM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I agree, Mrs. Madness and Hannelore. I hate the idea that people own guns and would consider using them at the smallest provocation. It saddens me, also, Hannelore that people feel the need to own a gun and have a belief that it will protect them.

Anything can be used as a weapon. But, hammers are tools that can be turned into a weapon, if anger takes over. Guns are weapons, not tools. They are made to kill. Period.

I do know that we have a constitutional right to carry a gun in the US. But a right does not mean that we must carry a gun.

I do not, have not and will never feel the need to carry a gun to protect myself. But then, my neighbors feel the same way. Perhaps, if I was in a different area, I would feel differently. Maybe that is why I stay where I live. To feel safe, without a gun? Hmmmmm

I still would like to know more about the European take on guns.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#109773 - 03/04/07 02:57 AM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: Anno]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
No matter how you feel or what you think, owning a gun (and a very nice one I might add) is a "choice", now, if you're against death and killing, (which I never intend to do and never have done), perhaps you should consider other "choices" that kill millions and maim and tear lives apart each and every day. Funny how millions are killed but their screams are silent and politically correct. Its not guns that kill them, its knives and scalpels and suction tubes. Shall we outlaw those weapons of mass destruction??!! Hummmm?

No, that wouldn't be the feminist thing to do, now would it? So my "choice" to own a gun is my right as a female citizen of this United States, thank you very much.

Owning a gun is a Constitutional right. I'm a responsible person and am proud to be a gun owner.

I'm sorry you don't share my feelings. That is one huge thing I've noticed. The twisted thinking that seems to permeate the minds of people these days.

My ownership isn't based in fear. Its based in pride and the same spirit that this country was founded on...the pioneer spirit that is tough and enduring.

I have the right to protect myself and my family and I'm very proud to live in this country.

#109774 - 03/04/07 03:06 AM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Also, I lived in Omaha, NE not that long ago which isn't all that far from Minneapolis. I can tell you I needed a gun there just as much as I feel the need for one now in FL. I was a single parent there with three teenaged daughters.

Omaha has a huge drug ring and an underground to rival those in the largest cities.

That's not fear, that's fact. The crime rate is growing in towns and cities across the US. Washington DC has the highest crime rate of any city in the US.

#109775 - 03/04/07 06:27 AM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: mrs_madness]
NewLeaf Offline

No need to be arrogant about where you live as opposed to living in the south...I've lived in France, travelled extensively in Germany, Italy, Great Britian, Scotland, Mexico, Canada, Switzerland and Puerto Rico, Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Johns to name but a few and I've travelled in every state in the United States with the exception of Hawaii and Alaska.

People are the same everywhere. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly. No one has been superior to anyone else.

I'm happy for you Mrs-Madness that you were never threatened and that cellphones were your biggest bain. My experience however, was quite different, I guess my job took me to seamier places than yours did or maybe I just didn't look the part of a trucker and got more attention. Dunno, but I kept the ole iron close to me heart just in case and yes, it did make me feel a wee bit more secure.

#109776 - 03/04/07 10:51 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
crime and being broken into etc...is scarrie. So is being raped and having the parimilitery organisasions that apoint themselfs as vigalanties to curb so called anti-social behaviour brake in, shoot your son, husband, rape the wife, burn the house down etc...is all very freightening.

I don't like feeling that fear or vulribilite in my own home or the street. Despite feeling those fears I wouldn't have a gun in the house. I know in sertine situasions i would use it and in my panic i wouldn't couldn't garentee that i would only wound...

it's not part of the constitusion to have a gun heer but without a criminal reacord and after the right paperwork you can legaly own and have one locked up in a safe or secure box (so the criminals don't get it)in your house.

My dad had one (shotgun) tought me to shoot and use one safly. i would only use it agenst clay pigions couldn't wouldn't go hunting. In relashion to having it the sence of securitie agenst others might seem real. When using it agenst humanes then the sence of power must be great....So it's at lest understandible that people want and have them.

However personaly i take my chancies in relashion to being hurt and living with that for the rest of my life than taking the chancies of using and killing some one and living with that on my concinsees, no matter how well trainned i may be, panic and fear are strange forces that may lead to someones death and i choise not to have that on my concinses.

celtic.

#109777 - 03/04/07 10:58 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

NEWLEAF what dose this quote of yours refaire too...?

perhaps you should consider other "choices" that kill millions and maim and tear lives apart each and every day. Funny how millions are killed but their screams are silent and politically correct. Its not guns that kill them, its knives and scalpels and suction tubes. Shall we outlaw those weapons of mass destruction??!! END OF NEWLEAFS QUOTE

are you referancing organ transplant the illegal type weer organs are sold for cash.....poorer peoples bodie parts being sold? How is it a wepon of mass destruction?....I might of missed something about the constitusion ....but what dose this have to do with a descussion on gun holding or ownership?

just courise and trying to make sence of the argument?

anyone else want to answere
celtic

#109778 - 03/04/07 11:02 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh and ladies can this be calm this weekend please, as it hasn't been calm for one reason or another for the last three weekends .....it be nice

thanks celtic

#109779 - 03/04/07 11:06 PM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think it depends on whether you live alone or not. When I was single, I owned a handgun. When I got married, I got rid of it. With all of the home invasions happening, if I lived in the country, I'd have a gun again.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#109780 - 03/05/07 12:17 AM Re: I'm a Hag! [Re: Dianne]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, to summarize, it seems another neighbor was tormented Friday night. Although she rents the house next door to her fiance, she was home alone and 4 men came to her door and knocked and rang the doorbell, not identifying themselves. She heard the laughs and 4 car doors closing. No, she did not call the police, yet after I relayed my events to her of the same night, she will be sure to call the police should it occur again.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved