I agree with Celtic that there are good in bad in every religion. It has less to do with religion in my opinion, than with people.

Here in Santa Cruz, CA, there's actually a listing for Pagan churches in the yellow pages of the telephone book -- which I've never seen anywhere else I've lived. I have good pagen friends and recently celebrated a ceremony with them that was a combination house-warming and some festival beginning with an S. (My memory is NOT what it used to be! LOL). It was warm and loving. It was also very different from anything I'd ever been to. A tad out of my comfort zone -- therefore a good experience for me.

I spent about three years living on a Native American reservation. I became very aware of their beliefs and ceremonies. Some of their viewpoints crept into my bones. There's is a much more polytheistic religion, with gods of storms and mountains and such, although there is a divine head -- the Great Spirit.

To me all ways of worship and religion are fascinating. It's people's attempt to make sense out of their lives, the world around them and the events they don't understand. (Like why someone would abuse a small child.)

(Celtic, hit reply and not quick reply and you will see QUOTE in a box at the bottom. When you click that, there will be two words with QUOTE in them. Put your quote between them.)