Make PDFs Easy...

Posted by: ElevatingYourBusiness

Make PDFs Easy... - 12/17/06 07:09 AM

I have been using this free online service. It's very easy to use and can turn most files into PDFs.

http://www.pdfonline.com

Enjoy!
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Make PDFs Easy... - 12/17/06 03:26 PM

Okay, there's the dumb question... Why do you want to turn files into PDFs?
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Make PDFs Easy... - 12/17/06 03:57 PM

Many people use different programs to make documents. For example, if someone uses Word Perfect to make a document and send it to me, I won't be able to open and view it unless I also have the Word Perfect program.

I make many documents for my clients using QuarkXpress, but my clients don't have that program. So I turn the documents into a pdf file (adobe acrobat) so that they can view it.

Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free program which you probably already have, allows you to open and view any pdf file. But to make a pdf file from your document, you normally have to purchase Adobe Acrobat. The link above apparently allows you to make your own pdfs for free.

Did I just confuse you more?
Posted by: reyro

Re: Make PDFs Easy... - 12/18/06 05:38 PM

Thanks for that link it will definitely be helpful. I've always had to print items from microsoft works than scan them back to my computer than add them as an attachement in order for everyone to be able to read files that I've sent. This will definitely make things much easier for me. Thanks again.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Make PDFs Easy... - 12/18/06 10:01 PM

i have been looking for a good pdf programe has anyone tried this yet as my experience goe's i wouldn't know a good one from a bad one?

celtic_flame
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Make PDFs Easy... - 12/18/06 11:55 PM

I understood it, Kathy. I don't have Windows XP so can't use the new acrobat reader program. Thanks. Ooops, I said this in Tech Talk too.