Invitation

Posted by: Dotsie

Invitation - 12/30/06 01:37 PM

I found myself browsing the Our Voices pages at BWS this morning while looking for a specific story that might help someone. I was reminded of all the unbelievable stories that are included there.

I invite everyone to browse that part of the site and to read those stories that might click with something you are experiencing at this point in your life. I think you'll be amazed. There are so very many that I can relate to. How about you?
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Invitation - 02/07/07 10:56 PM

Dotsie, I could spend a lot of time reading the stories there. Be prepared. One minute you're laughing, the next your all teary eyed.

chick
Posted by: Anno

Re: Invitation - 02/07/07 11:20 PM

You are so right, Chick. I try to read the stories at least once a month, but find myself drawn back a bit more often.

Re: Invitation - 02/09/07 03:51 PM

chick, I just love them. It's such a testimony to boomer women. My original idea was to publish a book with those stories but it never sold becasue none of us were rich and famous. I'd buy a book of stories about the everyday boomer woman any day. What do the publishing houses know?
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Invitation - 02/09/07 04:57 PM

Dotsie,
I always wondered why you never published that book.
Well we'll just have to show those publishing houses a thing or two. We'll just all have to get rich and famous and then not let them publish that book!!!!! So there!

Re: Invitation - 02/09/07 08:35 PM

Maybe we can co-op our own book? We'd be the first wouldn't we? Wouldn't that make the news?

How much would it cost per boomer? Sister can you spare a dime?

Hey, my X brother in law is a book and bible printer. I wonder what he'd charge?

I am not that familiar with all of this so i'm throwing out this stuff totally unaware.

Chicken soup guy wasn't chicken and self published right? He wasn't famous at the time. Was he rich?

Dotsie, maybe it just isn't the right time. It might be right around the corner.

ramblin chick
Posted by: gims

Re: Invitation - 02/09/07 08:45 PM

I can spare a or two.

Re: Invitation - 02/09/07 08:56 PM

Thats 4 bucks from me and the gimster. This thing could snowball.

chick

Re: Invitation - 02/09/07 10:21 PM

You gals are too much.

Chick, I'm a firm believer in timing is everything so I am not bothered by it. I have tons of other things to focus on right now. Thank God.

Re: Invitation - 02/09/07 11:54 PM

We know Dotsie. We're just playing around, Gimster and I. When the time is right it will happen. Can't rush a great thing.

chick
ps Gimster and I have too much time on our hands today
Posted by: gims

Re: Invitation - 02/10/07 07:04 AM

Who told you THAT, chick?....After I talked to my dad today, he told me I could go back to watching my soaps! Me, watch soaps - I DON'T THINK SO!!!! He must think I have too much time on my hands, too... the very ridiculous idea!!!

Re: Invitation - 02/10/07 07:27 AM

I see we are both still here...

chick