Increasing font size on your monitor

Posted by: Dotsie

Increasing font size on your monitor - 11/04/08 08:52 PM

I'm sure many of you techies already know this, but I'm amazed by how easy this is.

Did you know that to increase the font size on any site you're viewing on the Web, all you have to do is push control/shift and the plus sign? To make the font smaller do the same and push the minus sign.

Check it out. It's amazing. These old boomer eyes love it! I no longer have to wear glasses while surfing.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Increasing font size on your monitor - 11/04/08 10:34 PM

Well shut my mouth, tain't these dern fangled ventions jest the
dogs patoot??? Look here granny, we is justin r font siz.

Say now what is font agin?
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: Increasing font size on your monitor - 11/05/08 02:38 PM

Ever so way kewl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it, especially since my vision seems to be reminding me that I'm getting older...and here I thought I could ignore that little fact of life! Grin.
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: Increasing font size on your monitor - 11/05/08 02:40 PM

One note...I couldn't get Ctrl + Shift + Minus to work...I did get Ctrl + Minus to work. Is that the same for ya'll?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Increasing font size on your monitor - 11/05/08 02:52 PM

Mama, not sure what you mean, but if you hold CTRL and Shift down with one hand, then tap the plus or mius, the font will change size.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Increasing font size on your monitor - 11/05/08 03:14 PM

This doesn't work for me either, Mamma...but if I hold down the CNTRL key and slide the "roller" ball on my mouse, it changes the font size.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Increasing font size on your monitor - 11/05/08 05:21 PM

Ha ha Chatty...love it when you talk that way.

I didn't know this either! I remember JJ telling us you can do the same with the mouse wheel. I've been doing that. But this is even easier.

Compoooooooters can be so much fuuuuuuuun.