Unusual...?

Posted by: jabber

Unusual...? - 11/08/12 05:08 PM

Get this. On election day, some mother gave birth to twins, naming them Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. sick
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Unusual...? - 11/08/12 07:18 PM

Hi Jabber, I hadn't heard about this and at first I found it quite unbelievable...

but I Googled your twins story and found out a link to the story, which I have shared here. It happened in Kenya.

I'd just been writing about Kenya on the NABBW Facebook page yesterday, so this seemed like a lot about Kenya all at once...

The Kenya story from yesterday is an important one, which was brought to my attention by Cindy Speaker, a very caring friend of mine who went to Kenya to film a story about potable water. That film is called Well of Dreams: The Journey of Anne Okelo and it's about the daily perils of fetching water in a Kenyan village.

As a result of something Cindy learned while she was there directing the film, she's now heading up a non-profit designed to keep more Kenyan girls in school.

According to Cindy, a lot of Kenyan girls have to stop attending school for a few days each month, due to their monthly periods. The reason, lack of something as simple as sanitary napkins!

So Cindy now heads up a Well Of Dreams sanitary napkin program, which provides WASHABLE sanitary napkins for these girls. The napkins are reusable for a year, and one kit for one girl costs $25.

Pretty amazing IMHO!!
Posted by: jabber

Re: Unusual...? - 11/09/12 02:12 PM

I found it unbelievable too that's why I posted it. The fact that you just finished writing about Kenya, is amazing. And the Well of Dreams is an awesome adventure.