I'm So Excited!

Posted by: WhatStopsYou

I'm So Excited! - 07/23/07 08:01 PM

I will be a grandma for the first time in seven weeks!!!

Just wanted to share.

Cheers,
Darlene
Posted by: Louisa

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/23/07 11:12 PM

Congratulations! It's the best thing there is. Enjoy him/her. The time goes by so quickly. Mine is almost 6 months now.
Posted by: Anno

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/23/07 11:59 PM

Congratulations to you, the mom and the dad. You must all be extrememly excited right now. Embrace the joy.
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/24/07 11:12 AM

Congrats to all...there's nothing sweeter!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/24/07 01:55 PM

You're gonna be pacing the floor by the last week. I know I was. Congrats! Isn't it exciting?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/24/07 02:02 PM

Darlene, congrats. Are they in the same town as you?
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/24/07 03:02 PM

Oh boy! Hope you can post pictures, Another soon to be proud grandma. Congratulations!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/24/07 05:38 PM

Congrats and welcome to GrandmotherHOOD! You're gonna it. I'm telling you, when my grandbeauties were born, I was reborn.

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/24/07 09:12 PM

There is nothing quite like becoming as grandmother. Otmade me feel like I had now arrived.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/24/07 09:56 PM

and so ya should be exited thats exilent news
Posted by: Laurel

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/26/07 01:05 PM

Congratulations!
Posted by: jabber

Nothing like it... - 07/26/07 01:25 PM

Whatstopsyou,
There is nothing in the whole world as wonderful as being a grandparent. It's a high, higher than jetting above the clouds. Congratulations!
Give that baby a kiss for us!!!
Ciao
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Nothing like it... - 07/29/07 11:10 PM

Congratulations ! This is going to be the most amazing experience of your life.

My 4 yr old grandbeauty called me this morning. I said "hello" and she starting singing "Happy Birthday to you" to me -- it was sooooooo sweet. I wish I had known she was going to do that so I could have recorded it. My DIL said she woke up this morning and told her it was grandma's birthday. Ash asked her how she remembered that (they had discussed it 3 or 4 days ago) and she said that she had counted her naps She counts her days by counting her naps - How precious is that

Take tons of pictures - that itty bitty infant will be going to their prom before you know it

Carolyn

Re: Nothing like it... - 07/30/07 08:23 PM

She counted her naps? That is adorable. Oh my gracious. What a sweet little girl.

Happy birthday. How did we miss that at BWS? Did you not tell us? I hope you had a great day. Boy, double rainbows, grandchildren singing to you, what more can you ask for?
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Nothing like it... - 07/30/07 11:06 PM

I tell ya Dotsie - not much

I guess someone up there loves me

Re: I'm So Excited! - 07/31/07 05:06 PM

Thanks so much everyone.

Dotsie, yes she just lives across town and I see her regularly.

She has the cutest baby bump! Just six more weeks...

Cheers,
Darlene
Posted by: SharonE

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/01/07 09:02 AM

Darlene,
How wonderful!
What an absolutely joyous feeling it is to become a Grandmother.
Our little Hannah is now 5 mths old and how the time has just flown by. She is just so beautiful.
You are truely blessed. Enjoy every moment, I'm sure you will!
Posted by: Trene1

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/01/07 08:49 PM

Being a grandmother is the next best thing since sliced bread!!! Enjoy every minute and congratultions!! Trene

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/01/07 10:20 PM

Trene1, welcome. Please tell us more about you!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/02/07 01:08 PM

Darlene, Congratulations on your impending "grandma-hood"

I became a first time grandma last October (my grandson will be 10 months old this month) and I'm expecting another grandchild in February. My daughter is pregnant. Yay! This is my first post about it. We haven't said anything yet, because we were waiting for the first ultrasound. Michelle had a miscarriage during her last pregnancy.
Posted by: Jeannine

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/02/07 07:25 PM

Hello Darlene, and congrats on the up-coming special event!

Just spent the month of July for the most part, with my three Grands, Grandsons-16, and 10, and Granddaughter-9, my youngest. Each one paid a visit, individually, and it's been a joy!

What you have in store for you is precious, and wondrous, enjoy!

My youngest daughter, and her gift to me-My Granddaughter-Miss Juli
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/03/07 02:52 AM

All the best Darlene. Nothing quite like it.
Posted by: Emyjay

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/03/07 11:53 AM

Darlene and Vicki,

Congratulations!!! Your hearts are going to burst when those little miracles are placed in your arms. (Make sure someone has a camera. This will become your most treasured photo!)

My grandbabies are turning into grandboys. I love going to their school plays and to their soccer games. I love their smiles, hugs, kisses and even their stinky sneakers!

Blessings,
Emily

I love spoiling them rotten. So does Pop-pop (my husband, John).
Posted by: Songbird

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/10/07 02:18 PM

Congratulations to the "grandma-to-be". For all aI know, it's a blessing! Thoug I am not a grandma yet and I am in no hurry either . ( My kids are still studying).

My mother just met her frist great-grandchild while we were In PR for the family reunion. It was such a joyous moment! She was just "in heaven".
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/13/07 05:13 AM

Congrats! My first grandbaby was born almost 18 months ago and my life has never been better. I get him every Friday night for sleep-over. They have been very gracious with him. I babysat him while Mom worked for 7 months and can pick him up to spend time whenever I want.

It's the best thing in the world. So happy for you!

Re: I'm So Excited! - 08/13/07 05:38 PM

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. The day is getting closer and closer and I am getting more and more excited! The shower is coming up quickly now!

Cheers,
Darlene