chick gets honorable mention

Posted by: Dotsie

chick gets honorable mention - 06/30/05 05:20 PM

Ladies, please go to this link to read chickadee's honorable mention story, My True Authentic Self.

http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/stories/contest-honorable.html

Congrats chick. I'm sure many women can relate.
Posted by: TVC15

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 07:40 AM

Chick,
I loved this so much! Congratulations!
What a great poem!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 07:52 AM

Chic, you're so awesome. Truly a wonderful woman. I love it!
Posted by: Maggie

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 06/30/05 10:03 PM

Chic,
Congratulations. A wonderful poem!!!
Maggie
Posted by: smilinize

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 06/30/05 10:44 PM

Chick,
That was great. Very well done.
smile
Posted by: unique

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 06/30/05 11:06 PM

Aww, chick...girl. What can I say? You touched me.
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 01:26 AM

Chick, CONGRATULATIONS! Really wonderful and we are all so happy for you!
Posted by: Songbird

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 01:42 AM

Oh Chick! [Cool] What a wonderful poem! Of course I can relate! God bless your talent and true self! [Razz]
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 02:04 AM

Fantastic! and Congratulations!
Posted by: Wisdom&Life

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 02:16 AM

Chick,

This truly touched me in my heart. Thank you for writing this poem. I truly loved it!

Hugs and Blessings,
Cathi
Posted by: Sherri

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 02:44 AM

That was wonderful Chick!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 03:00 AM

Chick...and SELF.

What a worthwhile read. An honorble mention, eh? We got the honor!

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 03:53 AM

A woman is usually called a CHICK by means of complimenting her in some way and you my dear have earned the name....Bravo!!! [Wink]
Posted by: wordcharmer

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 04:00 AM

Congratulations Chick. Loved the poem!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 07:51 AM

As I read your comments, her little self is standing here blushing, hands clasped, head down, dragging her big toe in the dust. As she glances up she has that "somebody knows!" look in her eyes.

You girls are just wonderful. We thank you.

Chick
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/01/05 12:26 PM

congrats chickadee!
Posted by: Oregon Sue

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/02/05 10:47 PM

self and I just read chickadee's wonderful "My True Authenthic Self"......have to close now and give myself a hug. Thanks chickadee, it was genius!
Posted by: Nikki

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/03/05 05:13 PM

Congratulations
Posted by: writegirl1949

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/04/05 02:17 AM

Chick ... what a beautiful poem. Congrats on the honor.

We could all read this on a regular basis and come away much better women ... to ourselves.

Hugs and blessings, Francine
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/04/05 03:37 AM

Chick...what can I add that hasn't been said here? Except that I've had a difficult time enjoying looking at myself in the mirror for several years; your words will make me look twice and more compassionately the next time...

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/06/05 10:41 AM

Oh Chick! What a wonderful job you did here!
This verse here sent those tiny chill bumps through me...you know, the ones you get when something, someone and/or some phrase has hit you deep down inside? Here goes:

"“Put your hand against the glass, with mine as its reflection.
We will use our praying hands, to ask for God's direction,
You'll hear his whispers often, at times you'll be unsure.
Perhaps He's closing a window, or opening another door?”

All of the verses gave me this aesthetic response, btw, but my goodness lady! You're good!

Sheree

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/06/05 05:52 PM

Dearest Sisters, I warmly appreciate your kind messages of congratulations. Reading them has given me a great deal of pleasure. I wish I could thank each you in person. Until then...

Hug your self for me,
chick

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/07/05 12:32 AM

Eagle, you keep looking girlfriend...and embrace God's beautiful creation. Wrap those arms tight around you!

As we grow older and wiser we need to focus more on the fact that God looks on the heart, man looks at the shell. The older we get, the less the shell may have to offer. Hopefully the heart will offer more. We are becoming more pleasing to God as we age. That's ALL that matters.
Posted by: DallasGal

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/07/05 09:02 AM

Wow chick...I am floored at the absolute beauty of your words and how they hit the mark of the acceptance of our changes and who we really are.

What a treasure you bring to our lives just by being a part of us!

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/11/05 05:43 PM

Dallas, thank you for your lovely words.

My poem has been sent/posted in three hospitals to date. My sister started it in Nova Scotia because the nurses wanted it. My Mammogramist(?) and Doctor read it here in Oklahoma and I faxed it to a good friend who is in the hospital in Newfoundland.

I am hoping Maxine(my mammogramist) will join us here on the site soon. She is a gem of a Boomer. Not to mention the best Mammogramist in the world! Can you believe she sent me a card with a hand written "pleasure to serve you, enjoyed talking with you" message. My Mammogram was a breeze!

chick

[ July 11, 2005, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/12/05 08:16 PM

chick, personal touches make all the difference in the world. I've never gotten such a note from from my "mammogramist". I'm sure they don't have the time. I go to a busy local hospital who gets them in and gets them out. Literally!

[Razz]

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/13/05 06:09 PM

Dotsie, I am going to contact Maxine again soon. She wants to read JJ's story about the Jaws of Life. JJ, should I send her your Magazine copy or the original? Yes I told her all about you. (and us)
Let me know and I will fax one to her as soon as I can.
chick
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/14/05 07:10 AM

I would send the original one. The other was chopped to pieces. Its what they do...and thank you for thinking of me!

JJ

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/14/05 12:43 AM

I bet they post it at the mammogram center! They should. It would give everyone a laugh while they're waiting.
Posted by: countrygirl51

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 07/14/05 06:15 PM

Chickadee,
Your poem is terrific. You've said in just a few words what all of us need to tell ourselves every day. Congratulations.
Countrygirl51

[ July 14, 2005, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: countrygirl51 ]

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/04/05 04:55 PM

My Goodness Chick...That is amazing. As I am going through a divotce and trying to get my life settled with my children again, I think God sent YOUR self to speak to MY self. I will not let this message go unheeded.
Simply Awesome!

[ August 04, 2005, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Nikki Stewart LPN ]
Posted by: starting over

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/04/05 08:57 PM

Chick, I just read your poem. I cried--it is beautiful. I too am going through a divorce and trying to find 'me' again. What an encouragement! Thank you!

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/04/05 11:48 PM

starting over, I just read a good book by Karen Baar. Her husband left her and she's since written this book:

for my next act...Women Scripting Life After Fifty. It was wonderful. She touches on everthing we boomers are goign through.

I'm not fifty yet, and my husband hasn't left me...I still enjoyed the book.
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/05/05 02:31 AM

Hi Chick, I'm a little late in reading this. I am preparing to go on a "Simple Abundance" journey with a friend. You know, the book by Sarah Ban Breachnach and the gratitude journal. It is all about getting to your authentic self. I just sent my friend your poem as food for thought. Many thanks for your inspired and beautiful writing. Love and Light, Lynn

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/06/05 05:47 PM

Thank you again for your kind words about the poem. I am glad you all enjoyed it, some deeply moved by it.
When I wrote it, MOH, my other half read it and said it was beautiful. He also said, "If you could have something in there about your hand on the glass and "self's" hand as a praying hand reflection...etc, it would be good. I added that verse later and it has become my favourite part of the poem... (sugaree's too)
Lynn, I read Sarah Ban Breachnach about 10 years ago, only I took the journey alone. Please update us on your journey. I need to buy that book again and redo the trip. Maybe we all need to.
chick
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/07/05 01:13 AM

Where the heck is Sugaree? When sending anything to her it comes back to me as undeliverable. I hope she is okay.

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/07/05 08:32 AM

Chick....I'm so proud for you. It's wonderful when friends succeed.

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/08/05 06:11 AM

Nikki, Thank you for the nice things you said about my poem and God sending it to you. I guess he sent it to me first and I am just the messenger. [Smile]
Nikki, I am sorry for all that you are going through right now and will add a prayer that you and your children get settled as soon as possible.

Are you still editing Metaphysical Dimensions. How is that going?
chick
Posted by: leigha

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/09/05 11:13 PM

Dear Chicadee

I just read your poem. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! The heart and its beauty are truly the joy of your light!

With love
Leigha

Re: chick gets honorable mention - 08/10/05 04:19 PM

Thank you Leigha. [Smile]

With love
Andria