Annalee Mobility

Posted by: ladybug

Annalee Mobility - 12/06/05 02:28 AM

I've got several of these figures that I've purchased since before my children were born. I only buy the holiday figures, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, and Valentines Day.

My kids look at them and tell me that when I die they are gonna sell those things because, "mom, those faces on them are so creepy."
Posted by: Pattyann

Re: Annalee Mobility - 12/06/05 11:24 PM

Hey,
Ladybug- I used to work in the gift dept of a dept store and we sold Annalee- we used to call them -HELL DOLLS- because I agree with your kids they are creepy
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Annalee Mobility - 12/07/05 03:08 AM

I LOVE the Annalee dolls. I think they are cute. I have several. Quite a few of the Santa's. I have a friend who has even more. I wrote a story on her "collection of collectibles" for the newspaper a couple of years ago and told all about the dolls and place in NH where they are made.
Louisa
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Annalee Mobility - 12/07/05 05:21 AM

Lousia ,
I agree with you those Annalee dolls are so cute . I have seen then before in the store long time ago and love there pretty faces.
Posted by: ladybug

Re: Annalee Mobility - 12/07/05 11:25 PM

I almost forgot I posted this.

Glad to see some of you like the dolls and others have my children's opinion of them.

The Christmas dolls are the ones I have the most of. My large Santa is holding a green burlap toy bag in one hand and a list of children's names in the other hand. Several years ago I checked out his current value but can't remember what it was except that it was a lot more than what I originally paid for him back in 1976 or '77 when I first bought him.

Does anyone else have one of those Coca Cola Santas from the late 50's early or mid 60's? They're worth $75.00 (when I checked last year.)

I'd never sell mine just because my mom bought it when I was a little kid. The condition of it is excellent except the Coke bottle has the little cap missing. He's got a vinyl face, hands and boots with a fabric body. He's very short and squat.

[ December 07, 2005, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]