T-minus one week and counting!

Posted by: Dotsie

T-minus one week and counting! - 01/16/04 06:42 PM

I'm happy to share that I have a major weekend coming up. [Big Grin]

The Girl's Night Out clan is heading to the beach (It's freezing mind you, no bikinis [Eek!] this season!) for the weekend.

When we turned 40 we went away for a weekend and decided we would do it every five years. All of usturned 45 last year. We missed it by a month,)we'ere all busy women) but it's never too late!

The emails have been flying and the biggest question has been, "When can you leave?"

Pathetic, aren't we? You'd think we were all miserable in our lives and couldn't wait to dash out the door leaving all responsibiity behind. We're not miserable, but darn...leaving all responsibility behind is what it's all about!

Any ideas of something fun to take along perhaps for us to reminisce? Fun things to do while there?

Five of us have known each other since first grade, and we met the sixth in high school.

There are seven of us, but one's a teacher and has to do final grades, dinner with the faculty, move a kid back to college, attend a volleyball game, and the list goes on. Her husband is away the whole weekend so it all falls in her lap. Come on...where are her priorities? [Big Grin]

[ January 16, 2004, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: T-minus one week and counting! - 01/16/04 07:39 PM

for starters, make a CD (or buy one) of your TUNES from your youth...this is always fun to play while driving to the beach (lots of sing-a-longs) or at the beach.

what beach?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: T-minus one week and counting! - 01/19/04 03:58 PM

Ocean City, Maryland, hon! [Big Grin]

It's about three hours from home,and the beach where many of us spent summer vacations as little peoe. [Wink]

Funny you mention music. The last time we went, I got some of my old tapes from the attic. When preteens, New Year's Eve found my friend and I sitting up and taping The Top 100 Songs...the countdown! At midnight they would play the #1 song. [Big Grin]

I took the tape for the car ride. THe quality was horrible, but it didn't matter. We sang like school girls, shreiking and screaming at the beginning of every song. Memories came gushing back! [Eek!]

I misplaced the tapes after that trip. [Mad] They have to be in here somewhere.
Posted by: caloona

Re: T-minus one week and counting! - 01/19/04 04:27 PM

Put a tape recorder on a table somewhere and steer things to a desired topic.Then make a copy of it for all of you.
I've done it with milestone birthdays in my family and it's a treasure for all of us.
Posted by: noonabras

Re: T-minus one week and counting! - 01/20/04 02:31 AM

Dotsie, you are so funny. I just posted a little while ago, not even seeing how excited you were on this posting. I think what we share is very unique, a rarity. I bet there isn't any one out there that have what we have. And it takes weekends like this one to honor our sisterhood. I'm very proud of us. LOL