Just Joined...HI!

Posted by: wisewoman56

Just Joined...HI! - 09/04/07 05:12 PM

Hi,
Just joined and am enjoying reading the posts in a variety of subjects. Anyone going to the AARP convention that begins this week in Boston? Joanne
Posted by: Anno

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/04/07 11:38 PM

Welcome WiseWoman. Not anywhere near Boston, but I do believe in AARP. Let us know what you learn there.

Tell us more about yourself.

I am an educational consultant and life coach with no children, but the love of my life sitting by my side. I love being "older" and look forward to being "old."
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/05/07 08:11 AM

Welcome WiseWoman. Wish I could attend the AARP outing. I went to one several years back and had a ball. I met a lot of interesting people but Dr. Andrew Weil was trhe best one there.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/05/07 03:30 PM

Is Boston above the Mason/Dixon line? If so, I won't be there. Okay, just joshin'....welcome WiseWoman! Do tell us more about yourself when you want, k? We're so glad you found us!
Posted by: CaroMcK2

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/06/07 10:04 PM

Hi Wisewoman ~ I am from North of Boston ~ the Cape Ann area ~ Welcome to the great women's group ~

Hugs and Namaste,

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/06/07 11:12 PM

Hi there CaroMcK2, glad to make your acquaintance. You are in for a treat in this forum...WELCOME!!!
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/07/07 09:54 AM

Welcome! This a wonderfully addictive forum...found it just in time to help my sanity! I keep looking at all those AARP notices that come to me in the mail but have done nothing more with them yet. I've already been near Boston once this week and will be back there tomorrow....but....it's because it's Jimmy Buffett week
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/07/07 01:23 PM

wisewoman, I hope you will tgell us more about yourself in some of the other forums. Looking forward to getting to know you.

ladyjane, are you a Parrothead? So are we. One of our best times was when hubby turned 40 (12 years ago) I got a bunch of tickets to see Buffet and took some of our friends and him to the concert. We acted like teenagers and had tremendous funs. We're still telling tales about that night.
Posted by: gerrbeck

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/07/07 11:51 PM

Welcome Wisewoman! You're going to love this forum. We have such a great group of ladies here.

Ladyjane, glad to find another parrothead in the group. I wish he was coming here again this year, didn't get to see him last year when he was in Jax.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/08/07 12:39 AM

Ladyjane, I'm very close to Boston, but not a Buffett fan. But, Manilow is in town sunday night. Not going to that either, but thought I'd mention it. I am a Maine fan though. Love Kittery, Ogunquit and Kennebunkport. Have stayed at the Kennebunkport Inn several times.

Welcome wisewoman. Are you close to Boston or just going to the AARP thing. My husband mentioned it, but we're not going.
Posted by: Katrinka

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/08/07 02:04 AM

Hi and welcome!
I'm sure you'll find many great resources and friends here. I look forward to getting to know you.
Marie
Posted by: msgar

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/08/07 12:56 PM

I just joined also. Looks intresting.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/08/07 07:28 PM

Welcome msgar! Glad to have you in the neighborhood. Please tell us how you found us?

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/08/07 11:10 PM

Welcome msgar, you are in for a treat. This will become your new extended family, you'll see...!
Posted by: jabber

Kent & saged, - 09/09/07 03:32 PM

Welcome Wisewomen56; CaroMcK2; msgar...
I like Jimmy Buffet when he's singing with Alan Jackson.
We're leaving tomorrow morning for Dumplin' Valley, TN, to see Rhonda Vincent and The Rage; and Cherryholms, family band. Both are known for producing excellent Blue Grass Music. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are cool places, too.
Hope each one of you have a ball on the boomer women forum.
It's the greatest place, with the nicest people in the world.
Ciao for now
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Kent & saged, - 09/09/07 04:26 PM

Bonnierose, where the heck is Dumplin' TN? I thought I knew all about TN...I would be interested in knowing. I'm in North AL which is almost on the AL/TN line. I love TN and it offers so much. Glad to hear you're coming SOUTH! I hope you enjoy the music. My tiny town of Athens has a Bluegrass Festival every year. I've been a few times and really enjoy the crafts and food. Naturally...I'm not too much on BG music though. Hope you have fun!
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Kent & saged, - 09/10/07 12:24 AM

Jaw , Jaw ,
Dumplin Tenn is located in the town of Kodak Tenn . Not sure where that is on the map , but must be around there some place . Did a Yahoo check on the site . Sounds like fun to me . I have passed by Pigeon Forge and want to get there some day it is a nice family place to visit .

Renee

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/10/07 09:52 PM

Duw to respect for greeting Wisewoman, I will continue my news in "Parrotheads" in another forum....wherever I can find where it may fit!!!
Posted by: Emyjay

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/10/07 11:44 PM

Welcome Wisewoman,LadyJane,Msgr, and Caro!

I don't know why I didn't find this site sooner. You'll feel the same way. You won't find a more compassionate, wise, funny, supportive site anywhere else on the internet.

Our book club will be starting to read the third book, the title to be announced tomorrow morning. Hope you'll all consider joining.

I'm a vintage boomer (more mature with grandchildren).

Welcome again!

Emily in Maryland
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Just Joined...HI! - 09/11/07 01:11 PM

Welcome Wisewoman, CaroMck2 and Msgar! I hope each of you enjoys the blessings of this forum. You've come to a great place.

Near Knoxville... - 09/27/07 01:37 PM

Hi JJ,
Dumplin Valley, as Renee said, is in Kodak, TN. It's north of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. The Dumplin Bluegrass Festival takes place in a barn on some farmer's huge acreage. Rhonda Vincent is a friend of Dolly Parton. The Cherryholms' clan traveled with Rhonda and that's where we first saw their concert. Mom and Dad Cherryholms and four of their six children perform; write songs; play instruments; and, all but daddy, dance.
The American Jukebox at Pigeon Forge has a great show!
And we love The Old Mill Restaurant food!
Ciao for now...

Duw...? - 10/01/07 05:20 PM

Hey guys,
What does duw mean? Just curious.

Re: Duw...? - 10/01/07 05:50 PM

Hi bonnierose....I believe I did a typo in an earlier post..."duw" should have been "due"! LOL Typos are great somethimes, aren't they???

Due what ya do...Re: Duw...? - 10/14/07 02:04 PM

Hi Ladyjane,
Typos are a trip. And the majority of us don't have the time to reread every post, we post. Then we get quite a shock when we go back to answer comments.
"Duw" yes indeedy, doodie, daddie...
Posted by: Carol_Odell

Due what ya do...Re: Duw...? - 10/28/07 01:03 AM

Hi Bonnierose,
Nice to meet you. I'm Carol O'Dell, author, boomer, speaker, and fellow southerner. I lived in Georgia most of my life, but now I'm in Florida. Pigeon Forge is lovely.
So, your daddy don't dance...(sounds like a song)
~Carol
www.mothering-mother.com