Boomer screen names

Posted by: smilinize

Boomer screen names - 06/08/04 06:17 PM

I wonder why everyone chose the screen names used on this site.
I chose "smilinize" because about the time I found this site my husband was downloading some photos from our wedding and he said something about the smile in my eyes. Then I liked the 'smile' signature to remind folks no matter what to smile.

Come on girls fess up. Why did you choose your boomer screen name?
smile
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/08/04 08:12 PM

smile, your husband sounds so sweet. You got a winner girlfriend! [Wink]

My name is Dotsie because that's the nickname given to me as a kid. My real name is Dorothea. I'm named after Mom. Her nickname was Dotsie as a child. As an adult she was Dot. I guess I never grew up because I'm still Dotsie.

By the way, I don't like the nickname. It reminds me of Buffy, Muffy, or any of those other prissy names.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/08/04 09:16 PM

Well, I chose Songbird because I like to sing. I'm usually singing and when I'm not, any thing can prompt me to sing. I'm also a songwriter!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/09/04 04:20 AM

I was asked to address the local ASPCA at their award banquet and was introduced by none other than Bob Barker of The Price Is Right. He said to the audience, "we've heard many speeches tonight and this is one you'll be glad you heard given by our very own Chatty Lady with a wealth of information to share, please put you hands together and welcome Charleen Micheles." I never forgot that and a couple of years later after getting my lap-top I used the name. Suits me don't you agree? [Big Grin] It was that or Old Blabber Mouth. [Wink]
Posted by: DreamrKate

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/09/04 05:51 AM

You know Songbird, Jessie Colin Young did a song with that title years ago and I've always loved it.

It's simple.....I've always been a dreamer... I dream of happy things, faraway things, every day things, places I might go or things I might see, feel, or experience.

DreamrKate
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/09/04 01:51 PM

Say Georgia reallllll slow with a Southern drawl....it comes out Jaw Jaw...

My Daddy and my Uncle Jug Butt (a.k.a Howard) named me Jawjaw when I was little. And yes, I WAS little once...
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/09/04 02:14 PM

I really like hearing all of your stories and they seem to fit your personalities or at least your on line personalities.

I would never have guessed jawajaw. It's a good one!

I am Lynn because that is my name. I never even thought about using anything creative or anonymous. Maybe that tells you something about me-I am honest to a fault.

Dotsie-what would you choose to be called? I like Dotsie and it fits you. You are not a Mufti!

Lynn

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/09/04 05:51 PM

Thanks Lynn. Actually Dotsie is fine as long as you know I'm not a Muffy/Buffy.

My name sounds so kiddish and I'm 47 years old. Maybe that tells you something about me too. Just like Lynn being honest. I'm still a kid at heart.

It's great to hear the stories behind the names.
Posted by: Agate

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/11/04 03:58 AM

I chose Agate because I'm always so boring and use screen names like mko or molson, while everyone else seems to have these unique screen names. Agate came to mind because I had just written a poem about my compulsion with collecting agates:

Agate.
Red like blood.
Beauty hidden within pitted imperfection.
A treasure hard to find.
Search and search,
digging through rocks,
deeper and deeper.
Fingers cut and sore.
Maybe this one,
lick the surface,
looking for a rusty rainbow.
Disappointment,
thrown aside.
Keep looking.
Large or small, it doesn't matter.
The discovery of one
keeps me searching.
This must be the rush that gamblers feel.
Just one more.
Just one more.

Obviously not a poet [Roll Eyes] , but I was also thinking about people when I wrote this and the beauty that lies below the surface if people only look that far.
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/11/04 04:48 AM

Thistle Cove Farm --- it's where I live and what I do. I told someone the other day, I'm not all that interesting but I do *really* interesting things.

I've enjoyed reading about y'alls names.

BTW, anyone have any trouble getting on the forums lately? Every time I've tried to log on, it's been kicking me off.

Are ya'll trying to tell me something????

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/11/04 05:03 AM

Give me a "T"! T
Give me a "H"! H

oh wait a mintue...Thistle is back already...whew...that could have been a long cheer too. Hey girl...I was beginning to wonder if you were in Russia. OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE take me with you to Russia...I could teach them..ah..er...ah...HOW TO SPEAK SOUTHERN???

Glad to see you back, I figured you were busy as all get out...

AGATE...I think you name, AND your reason for choosing it signifies beauty. I like the visual the poem gave me as well. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/11/04 05:53 AM

Hey Mama J - whazza up w/u?

No, Russia is next month and I'm excited! Keep us in your prayers.

Yeah, it's been busy but not all fun busy. Since the first of April there have been 6 or 8 funerals between our families. Our friend, George, passed away and then the grim reaper started on our families. Thank God we don't have to take a gift to a funeral or we'd be broke!

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/13/04 12:57 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss [Frown] ,Thistle!

God comfort you and bless you!

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/13/04 01:49 AM

Ms T...I don't know how I missed this post of yours. I am also sorry to hear that you lost George...and others you say? Oh my. I'm am sorry and can relate to your sadness.

Knowing my Daddy's in a better place is my coat of comfort, please know the same for your loved ones.

Hugs girl,

JJ
Posted by: Maggie

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/13/04 02:30 AM

TCF,
Sorry to hear about your losses. Sounds like you are in a fishbowl of grief.
Maggie

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/13/04 05:53 AM

I'm also sorry to hear of your losses. It sounds as if you are in a valley of grief. You will be in my prayers also.
smile
Posted by: newhope

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/13/04 06:38 PM

Thistle, I'm fairly new here but I wanted to let you know that I feel I know you through reading some of your messages, to pass along my condolences and to let you know that I will keep you and your family in my prayers. It must be really tough to have lost so many in such a short time.

My name, newhope, was taken from a prayer group that I joined about 26 years ago. One of the leaders felt the Lord wanted us to be called "People of New Hope," and since joining this group, I've always felt that He has given me lots of hope for our future.
Posted by: kjgordon

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/13/04 09:28 PM

I chose kjgordon cuz it's something I can remember!
Posted by: Julie

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/15/04 05:36 AM

I just have to say what a wonder it is that Dotsie's full name is Dorothea...

Has anyone ever read Middlemarch? (the George Eliot novel).

the heroine's name is Dorothea. The last paragraph reads:

"... the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs."

I think all of us will agree that "things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been" except that we have had the good fortune to meet up with Dotsie.
Posted by: Agate

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/16/04 04:16 AM

Here, here! [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/16/04 05:09 AM

Hi Agate - "rusty rainbow"...I like the imagery. It reminds me of the "soiled doves" someone else wrote about. Think there's a song in that? Rusty rainbows and soiled doves...

Many thanks to Songbird, JawJaw, Maggie, Smile & Newhope for your condolences. A fishbowl of grief, a valley of grief...that about sums it up. I'm so tired and numb that if anyone else dies, I'm going to prop them up in the corner and tell people they are just quiet.

Newhope...your prayer group leader of 20 years ago wouldn't be called Pat, eh? That reminds me of a woman I know who is a tremendous prayer warrier and teacher; she taught in CT and then Richmond, VA.

Julie - wonderful quote and very appropros!

Dotsie - may our dear Lord heap blessing upon blessing on you and your family for being willing to be a faithful servant.

Garrie - yep, headed to Moscow, Yuroslalv and the Komi Republic next month. I'm teaching cultural, heritage and ag tourism and will try and help figure out ways for folks to use the infrastructure already in place as opposed to spending a lot of money setting things in place.
Needless to say, I'll be in the boonies...what's new there?

Everyone's prayers will certainly be welcome. This is the first time I've ever needed a passport and we're headed some pretty rural places. My poor mother is beside herself but I say God can take care of me there as well as He can here. That's not to say I don't have a twinge or two...I do. It's just I'm trusting the great "I Am" more than the twinges.

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/16/04 05:17 AM

OMIGOSH! I must have used parens because part of my note didn't come thru...

I visited a someone's website, it was mentioned in the forums, and read part of an article about "soiled doves"...very interesting. Please forgive me for not remembering the owner of the website and author of the article. I did enjoy my visit though.
Posted by: Toni

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/16/04 10:36 PM

I love the meaning to the words I've just read. I chose mine, Morningstar, because I loved the movie, "Marjorie Morningstar" with Natalie Wood as the main character. Beautiful movie of a young woman coming of age.

I also like it because it was used in "Elmer Gantry" with Burt Lancaster. One of his lines was, "Love is the morning and the evening star." Loved it then, still do now.

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/16/04 11:23 PM

Toni: I love that "Morningstar" name. I've always related it with Jeus, the morning star...
Posted by: Toni

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/17/04 01:23 AM

Songbird,

What a beautiful thought--Jesus as the 'morningstar.' What truth and meaning!

I'll always think of that now when I see 'morningstar.'
Posted by: newhope

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/17/04 01:44 AM

Thistle,
How odd - the prayer group leader's name IS Pat but she's always lived in Maryland!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/22/04 03:58 AM

let's see... I'm Meredith and I do beadwork. 4+ years ago when we got the computer and I had to think of an email, Meredith, Meredith1, Meredith2, etc. were all taken. I quit looking when I arrived at Meredith17 and decided to go another route. Meredithbead was AVAILABLE and it stuck. I kinda like it anyhow.

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/11/04 05:22 PM

Stormy, Lala and others: [Razz] Come on! Give us the story behind your "names", won't you [Wink] ?
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/11/04 05:36 PM

Well the story of MY screenname isn't AT ALL interesting because it's my ACTUAL name! But my AOL screenname is junekimm because Pam Kimmell and every other variation of that was already taken......UNFORTUNATELY, because of the junekimm screenname, a LOT of people call me June. Now that's not SO bad because June is in fact my middle name! CONFUSED? HAHA [Razz] [Razz]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/11/04 05:42 PM

Pam: You know what? I suspected that, but never asked!! [Big Grin] .
Posted by: mrsmuzz

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/21/04 05:00 PM

My screen name comes from my days as a Cub-Scout and Boy-Scout leader. We have a rather long, Lithuanian sir name and frankly it was just too hard for the kids to handle. So my husband and I became known and Mr. and Mrs. Muzz. I also used that name when I substitute taught for a bit. It helped the kids confidence to be able to say my "funny" name.
Posted by: WizardofZA

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/22/04 07:54 AM

My name started as a joke. One of my dear friends is Joe Bonsall, tenor singer of the Oak Ridge Boys. Many years ago, his secret screen name on the Oaks' website was DragonofRa (long story). He used that screen name when he wanted to "burn" bad posters without being Joe. He always did it in a humorous way so no one was offended. Anyway, I decided to play a trick on him by answering as the WizardofZA. Play on names from the movie of course, but it really meant, "smart aleck from Arizona." It took him months before he finally figured out who it was, and I just kept the name for fun after that.

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/21/04 08:01 PM

well...well...well....small word Wiz...I know somebody who once saw Joe from 33 rows up at a concert of theirs...uh huh, I ain't lying.

Only joshin'...I do have a friend who REALLY is a good friend of the Oakridge Boys. His name is Bradley Walker. Ask them, any of um...bet they can tell ya who Bradley is...

There was a time that they use to call Bradley before they went on stage to perform.

You see, BRADLEY is special. He is a young man who's cord was wrapped around his neck at birth resulting in is little body never growing, and he had a form of MS to boot. His hands are twisted and deformed...yet he plays in a band and has a beautiful voice. He is in a bluegrass band. Oh yep...sure is. And he is confined to a wheelchair for life, of course. Lives down the street from me in this one-horse town I live in, and use to be my neighbor a kazillion years ago. I love his Mother... He's been on the Jerry Lewis Marathons (says he is a creep) and knows the Oakridge Boys very well. Bradley drives a car and can do anything. Holds a steady job too. He emails me occassionally with a joke or two...so, small world, eh?

JJ
JJ
Posted by: WizardofZA

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/21/04 08:43 PM

VERY small world. I know all about Bradley. I've never met him, but we've known the Oaks for over 20 years, so we've heard lots about him. I remember him singing "Elvira" with them on the telethon, as well as several appearances he did on the old Nashville Now show. I'm so glad to hear he is doing so well. Joe told me not too long ago that he still keeps in touch with Bradley regularly.
Posted by: lalapaloosa

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/22/04 03:48 AM

Okay, so my name is not inspiring or really all that original or anything..I just like it. I used to play games online and would forget my screen names and have to come up with new ones all the time. Once I was sitting there with a box of Cheezits on my desk and (you guessed it) I used Cheezits as my screen name. Lalapaloosa was one of the screen names I do remember and it came from a book I read about a town named Lalapaloosa and I didn't even like the book, but I sure liked the name of the town. I had many names during my game playing times, but just like then, I can't remember them!! [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] I used to play Wordox. I was addicted to it really. It was when I realized I had sat and played for something like 10-12 hours that I quit playing...no will power...!!!!! I like having fun and I like my screen name because it is fun.
It sure has been fun reading why you all have the different names you have. Even if some are "only" your real names, well that is really nice as well. Easy to remember who you are without having to look you up...!

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/22/04 04:21 PM

mrs muzz, good to see you bak. How's life treating you in your new home town?

Dpesn't it figure the Queen knows everyone! Wizard, fun to hear how your name came about.

lala, I love your name. I like it abbreviated too. Forgive me, but I've never heard of Wordox. Please tell us more.

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/23/04 09:35 AM

My grandmother was trying to get a small child to pronounce my name, which is Sheree. What came out was, Shugaree. Throughout the years I've been told how 'sweet' I am. My ex-husband often refered to my French kisses and pastry as sugary. I dropped the 'h'and the 'y' and came up with this spelling, Sugaree. I also use SugareeByte as my instant chat name. I'm a 'techy' so I deal with gigabytes, maga and so forth so that how I came up with SugareeByte.

I would have never figured Georgia as Jaw Jaw. That's cool.

Su-ga-ree huh?!

[Wink]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/23/04 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sugaree:
My ex-husband often refered to my French kisses and pastry as sugary. [Wink]

French kisses [Eek!] please explain. Are you talking about sweet delicacy or are you talking about soemthing else? [Big Grin]
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/23/04 05:01 PM

I guess I'm super boring... I just used my name as my screenname. Nothing special about it. Nothing interesting. Just me. [Big Grin]
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/23/04 05:24 PM

Just my name, plain and simple. I go to several different sites and don't want to try to keep them all straight. So it is ME!

"Perfect in all ways I may not be,
I am who I am, I'm just me."

A quote from one of my poems.

Sherri

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/23/04 06:38 PM

I used one of the nicknames people always want to call me. It wasn't until I was married that it became my nickname. Maggie
Given name Margaret
Maggie

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/24/04 07:36 AM

Yes Dotsie, something else. [Razz]

French pastry = the combination of flour, sugars, varying types of flavors, eggs...et cetera.

French Kisses = Husband and wife placing semi parted lips upon one another's, pertruding tongues dancing within the confines of each other's mouths.

A bit further = Some call this intimacy, some call it duty. LOL. [Eek!]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/23/04 09:52 PM

To Dotsie re: wordox
Wordox is a scrabbly type of game. That is all I can remember about it, other than I loved playing it. They have changed it a lot since I played it. I haven't played it in about six or seven years. You could play with up to four people in your own "room" and chat with the other players. It was loads of fun.

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/24/04 06:34 PM

lala, I have a friend who was addicted to online Scrabble. [Eek!]

sugaree, okay...I'm not stupid. I know what a French kiss is. [Razz]

Sherri, I love your little quote. [Wink]

Maggie, did everyone call you Margaret as a child?

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/24/04 10:29 PM

Dotsie,
I had a lot of nicknames as a child, Margy,Margery, Meg but never Maggie so now I am used to it and use it once in a while. Most of the other kids had the nicknames by the time we moved to our last location so I just kept Margaret. Now I can tell who knows me by what name they call me sometimes.
Maggie
Posted by: Peggy

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/24/04 11:25 PM

I chose nonaitalia3 because "nona" in italian is a female term of endearment. My maternal grandparents were full italian and my beloved grandmother used to refer to me as "nona" or granddaughter. The "italia" is of course Italian, and the number 3 stands for my 3 beautiful grandchildren! [Smile]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/25/04 02:27 AM

LOL @ Dotsie! Of course you know that was all in humor, right? Since I haven't had one lately, it sure was fun writing it out. [Smile]

Sugaree

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/25/04 03:56 PM

Peggy, how many children do you have?

Maggy, as a kid I was known as DOrothea to everyone in my Catholic school. My nickname was for friends in the neighborhood and family. EVery now and then I see someone from elementary school and they call me Dorothea. It sounds so obsolete! [Eek!]
Posted by: Serendipity

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 01:04 AM

Hi Group,
I am new here. I was introduced to the group by my cousin, Lalapaloosa. Thanks, Linda. My screen name is Serendipity. Webster's dictionary defines serendipity as: a seeming gift for finding good things accidentally. I have experienced many episodes of "serendipity" in my life. I hope that you have as well!

Kathy

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 01:06 AM

Hi Group,
I am new here. I was introduced to the group by my cousin, Lalapaloosa. Thanks, Linda. My screen name is Serendipity. Webster's dictionary defines serendipity as: a seeming gift for finding good things accidentally. I have experienced many episodes of "serendipity" in my life. I hope that you have as well!

Kathy

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 01:30 AM

Sernedipity
I love that name. At one time I looked it up in a word origins book. It said that the word came from some either mythological or real knights known as the knights of Serendip. They went around the country to floods and disasters and tried to use bad to turn it to good.
What a great group to be named for.
Welcome.
smile

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 02:29 AM

Ms Ser...welcome! You just happen to live in a town that stole my heart. I visited Rapid City about two years ago and if my kids had been with me, we would have stayed. I love that place. And the people were so friendly.

Welcome to boomers. Kick your shoes off, grab a coke, coffee, or whatever, and just dive in. There is no right or wrong way to post.

You'll become as addicted as we all are. We're family and it's comparative to calling home everyday when you check the boards to see what's what. Hope you love it!

JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 04:40 AM

Thanks to Jaw Jaw and Smile for the warm welcome. I haven't had as much time as I would like to fully explore this site. I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have discovered thus far. Jaw, I am so glad to hear your visit to Rapid City was such a positive experience. Hope you get to visit us again soon. Smile, I had no idea about the knights of Serendip--you are right--it's a great group to belong to.
Serendipity

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 04:56 AM

Hey JJ, don't think you can get ahead of me girlfriend. I've been to Rapid City too. I saw those guys with their heads on that mountain and I saw Crazy Horse too. So there.

Ser (See JJ, I can call her 'Ser' too) JJ and I are sistahs and she's always trying to get ahead of me. She's been off with the Chippendale dancers for a whole weekend and now she's back botherin' me.
Be careful of JJ. She's a rascal for sure.
smile

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 06:07 AM

oh yeah sure...we're sistahs alright...I'm Cinderella and SMILES is my ugly step-sistah...hahahahahahah....yuhooaoaoa....haha....

Lord, I should write humor....

Okay SMILES, I'm sorry hon! honest injun...
[Wink]
Actually, there is some truth to the sistah statement. Her granny lived on an Indian reservation, so did mine. She's a writer, so am I. She pretty, so a---okay, two out of three ain't bad... [Roll Eyes]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 06:13 AM

I am NOT her sister. I lied about it. She's Sadam Hussein's sister. Looks just like him too.

And JJ, I'm not fallin' for that sweet talk stuff neiter. Nosiree. Not me.

smile

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 06:17 AM

Well crap...I suppose this mean there will be noooooo expensive Christmas gift, am I right? eeek! Well fine, but just for the record, I was under the influence of 4 Oreo's when I said that...k?

JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 06:20 AM

JJ, you are always under the influence of Oreos!!

You weren't getting nothin' for Christmas anyway. Santa already told me you were being a bad girl again. I told him about the Chippendales. I know all about how you were trying to hog all of them for yourself.
smile

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 06:24 AM

teehee...teehee...ahem...well, you got me there SMILES.

GUILTY! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 06:28 AM

I knew it. I knew it. I knew it.

There ain't a chippendale in the world safe from the Queen. Not a one. Not a chip of any kind. Computer chip. Cow chip. Chocolate chip. No chip atall. Not when JJ's around.
smile

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 06:34 AM

Serendipity,
Welcome if I can get a word in between these two. [Big Grin] What fun we have on these boards.
[Wink] Maggie

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 07:30 AM

That's so so true Seredipity! I'm hooked!

Welcome,

Sugaree

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 07:52 AM

Yay, Kathy,welcome on board. Now I have two cousins here! Kathy, Chatty is my cousin on my dad's side. She is the one who told me about Boomers. Chatty, meet my cousin, Kathy! Kathy, meet my cousin Charleen! You are both wonderful women and I love you both and I think you will enjoy getting to know each other through BMS! I am so excited!! [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 10:44 AM

You gals are toooo much [Cool] And smilinize, don't be b-chy to jawjaw about them Chippendales. I just loaned her mine for a spell. She promised to take good care of them. [Wink]

Hiya Serendipity! Wecome to the Middle-ager Madhouse. [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 05:29 PM

WOW Miss M,
I had no idea you had a supply of ""chippendales" just laying around out there. ("Laying" is the key word in that sentence. I almost typed "hanging" around out there, but Dotsie was frowning through the computer screen so I cleaned it up..... Or maybe I diidn't??). [Smile]

(((JJ made me that type that. It's all her fault. I bet she got out there and stole my share of Chips too. She's greedy like that. Darn!)))
smile

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/04 06:09 PM

Jawjaw and smile...move over. I'd like to welcome Serendipity. [Big Grin]

Welcome, I can tell by your screen name that you're gonna like it here and we're gonna love havin' ya.

Can't wait to get to know you better. Welcome to the neighborhood! [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/28/04 01:45 AM

sERENDIPITY well how you doing? Just got an email from Linda saying you were coming aboard and here you are. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Linda is a trip and a sweetheart. More later, and welcome... [Wink]
Posted by: Peggy

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/28/04 05:57 AM

Dots..I have 2 kids - 1 girl (31) and a boy (30 in September).

Welcome Serendipity! You will love this site. If you haven't found out yet, you soon will, they are by no means boring. We all may not be there in person, but you are never alone! [Big Grin]
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/29/04 02:49 AM

I'm going to butt in here for a second and change the subject [Smile]

I picked my screen name lionspaaw for two reasons -- one -- I'm a leo and I'm usually sticking my paw in my mouth

and secondly -- it is a beautiful little seashell that my grandmother and I used to walk up and down the beach finding, taking home and making Christmas gifts out of -- she always told me that was "my special shell"

of course all my cousins were jealous cuz they had to make their gifts out of ordinary seashells [Big Grin]

sorry -- carry on [Wink]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/29/04 04:05 AM

wait a minute Lions...you mean there is a seashell that is called Lionspaw? How cool is that? What does it look like? You got a pic? If so, send me one via email. You got my addy...k?

JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/29/04 11:00 AM

http://www.sanibelflorida.com/seashells/lionspaw.htm

if you copy/paste the above link you will see what the lionspaw sea shell looks like

i remember them being quite numerous when i was a child but they arent so easy to find anymore

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/29/04 05:49 PM

Wow Lion, what a beautiful thing to be named for. It's a beautiful shell. Thanks for showing it to us.
smile

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/29/04 10:09 PM

I have a few of them in a basket behind me. I got them when we visited South Seas Plantation, very near Sanibel. How cool! I never knew what they were called, but liked them anyway!

Lion, waht fun memories of spending time with your grandmother. My last grandparent died when I was 3. I feel robbed.

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/29/04 11:46 PM

Smile and Jawjaw (I'm laughing) you two remind me of two mina birds I use to care for they would sit on their perchesd in their separete cages and squauk back and forth at one another and see who could make the most noise. I don't know why but when I read the above posts thats the picture that came to mind. Now, both birds were lovely and both had melodic voices as I'm sure you both are and do....but I am still laughing..... [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/30/04 04:35 PM

chatty, I love it!

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/30/04 04:50 PM

Why thank you Chatty................................................................I think?

hahahah [Big Grin]
JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/31/04 02:46 AM

It was just a silly joke and meant all in fun as I know you know....Love you both. [Wink]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/31/04 03:51 AM

you're welcome Smilin' -- my pleasure [Smile]

Dotsie -- you were on Captiva Island -- accessible by land only by passing through Sanibel Island - a beautiful place to visit !!

and by the way -- they are trying to raise the bridge toll to $6.00 (presently $3.00) so we can rebuild the bridge -- its falling apart !!

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/31/04 06:34 AM

back at ya Ms C! Cyber hugs to ya...

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/31/04 06:56 AM

Yeah, thanks from this end of the mina bird converstion too.
Hey was that a compliment? Hmmm.
smile
Posted by: Stormy

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/04/04 05:37 AM

:Looking real innocently at Dotsie:::I dunno.. [Smile]

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/04/04 06:27 PM

Yes, a compliment...always!
Posted by: Dian

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/11/04 01:57 AM

No story for me, I'm just Dian. Whole name is Elizabeth Dian, but mom always called me Dian, and spelled it wihout an "e" at the end, which then went on to haunt me every day of my life. On the first day of school in first grade, when the teacher called the name, Elizabeth Efaw, I hadn't a clue who she was talking about. [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/13/04 08:57 PM

Dian, I went through that. I was Dotsie at home and in the neighborhood, and Dorothea at school!
Posted by: Micki

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/14/04 01:41 AM

My "real" name is Michele Anne (one "l" because I was before the Beatles memoriialized it as "Michelle") but my mother liked a song called "Mickey" (no, not the one by that Toni person who sings like a cheerleader, either!) that had a line that went, "Mickey, pretty Mickey, with your hair a raven hue". Well, I was born as white as the driven snow with huge blue eyes and freckles. My parents had picked out Micheal name because they thought they wanted/were getting a boy AND Michel is Micheal in French, so that was it. My middle name is after my aunt/godmother. ANYWHO...I used Mickey until I turned 16 and discovered that an "i" made me seem more like a girl. Of course, at 5'3 and 200 pounds, I guess I wasn't exactly coquettish...but that's ANOTHER story. SO, when I came on here, I just used my nickname, which, like Dotsie, seems a bit silly for someone 56 years old in retrospect. I am Micki here. But, my screen names are (Yahoo) Chessielady21227, (eBay)waterwayschessies, and (MSN Games)mouse1948. The first two are because I am enamored with, own and raise Chesapeake Bay retrievers and I lived in zipcode 21227, and Waterways is my kennel name. The third is because I collect mice (No, silly ladies, not live ones, although I do love them and think they are SO adorable and have upon occasion raised them for reptile food just so I could play with them for a while before they met their demise...). I have kazillions of all types...wood, gold, silver, porcelain, everything. So, there are my stories about my names....the end!
Posted by: countrygirl51

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/19/04 05:49 PM

I first used the nickname countrygirl51 when I started chatting online with friends. Most of them were city dwellers, and I grew up on a farm, so I naturally was that "country girl". I liked the name and have used it as a username for several email accounts, in forum groups like this one, and it just stuck. The 51 is the year I was born, and last year it was also my age.

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/19/04 06:16 PM

Hi countrygirl. Great to see you posting again.

I know you passed your boards for nursing, but have you switched jobs yet? Please fill is in when you have a chance. Maybe in the professional life forum? [Wink]
Posted by: Spock53

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/25/04 02:43 AM

Hi all,

Haven't been here in a while. Good to see all the activity. My name arose simply because Lynn is everywhere. Anyway, I am from Vulcan (the town, not the planet) hence the name Spock and 53 is a number pulled from the air. I guess I wish I was that age again. [Big Grin] Everything in Vulcan is geared towards the Star Trek theme which I love especially 'The Next Generation' We have Spock Days in the summer and this year Marina Sirtis (Councillor Deana Troy) joined us to celebrate or Galaxy Fest. We had our first wedding this year at our Space ship between a Klingon and a starship Captain. Every year our tourism rises due to the word of mouth from people who have visited us. We say Live Long and Prosper alot. We also have a lady in town who paints murals and she is fabulous at decorating our buildings. This year she did the outside wall of the pharmacy with all the doctors from the Star Trek series'

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Lynn R

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/28/04 02:23 PM

Spock, sounds like a fun town to live in. [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/28/04 03:39 PM

Spock53,
I think having someone paint murels is a lovely idea. I bet they are fabulous. Lord I wish I had that kind of talent too.

JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/28/04 10:10 PM

What a cool name for a town...and sounds like you all are enjoying Vulcanian living too! Spock was my favorite character on the old Star Trek series anyway - I loved that "special hand sign" thing they did when they said "LIVE LONG AND PROSPER". Kind of a nice sentiment huh? [Wink]
Posted by: wolfbane

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/27/04 10:36 PM

Hi, I'm Debbie. But there are so many Debbies that I always needed a nickname to know that I was the person being spoken to.

Anyway, wolfbane is a plant that wards off wolves and werewolves. Don't see any here, do ya? Good, see it works!

Lalapaloosa introduced me to this site, Thanks Linda! If I could only read 24/7 maybe I could catch up with all these posts!

Think I'm gonna like it here! [Roll Eyes]

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/27/04 10:48 PM

Wolfbane...a.k.a. Debbie, WELCOME! WELCOME!

Just jump right in girlfriend and start posting. The water is fine...and oh by the way, thanks ever so much for warding off those pesky werewolfs, k? I just hate it when they start that howling, roaming, scratching, yada, yada, yada.

..reminds me too much of my ex-hubby...teehee.

WELCOME!

JJ
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/27/04 10:49 PM

Hi and welcome Wolfbane!
Cool name! I'm pretty new here and never saw this post. My screen name is from a David Bowie song. I ususally use this one or something close to it and have gotten some weird responses. Someone thought I was a transvestite once and someone thought I like to watch television. I'm glad you brought this post up so that I could explain my name to the boomers! My real name is Robin.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/27/04 10:54 PM

Robin...get this...I thought you perhaps worked for TVA at some point in your career...you know, Tennessee Valley Authority? hahahah...glad you cleared that up. Who is David Bowie? [Eek!]

JJ
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/27/04 11:00 PM

When I met my Dad, he told me that my grandmother was a Cherokee Indian. He wanted to give me an Indian name. He stood back, looked at me and said,"I think you look like a "Little Chickadee".
I shortened it...in case someday it backfires... like my 300 lb cousin "Tiny".

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/28/04 02:52 AM

Welcome Wolfbane, TCV15, Chickadee...glad to have you amongst the boomer sibs. Yeah, I know, I'm confused but I'm still glad to have ya!

JJ- WHO IS DAVID BOWIE??????? OMIGOSH girl, your education is SADLY lacking! Didn't you ever get out of 'Bama as a yout?

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/28/04 03:37 AM

What's a yout?

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/28/04 03:59 AM

"yout" = "youth" New Jersey style

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/28/04 04:01 AM

Haaalllloooo Debbie!!! Glad you could make it. And welcome to all you other newbies out there in boomerland.

JJ--My stepfather was from NJ and he left of the th on words and replaced them with, you got it, "T".

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/28/04 11:03 AM

Welcome to all the newbies out there. I know you'll all fit right in as Lala did and look now she's bringing in people too. Love it!!!! [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/28/04 03:31 PM

David Bowie is just the greatest singer of all time! (In my book anyway...LOL.) He's been at it since the late 60's. (I've loved him since I was a Yout, on Long Island) LOL I know he's weird but I love his voice. One of his songs is called TVC15, he also did Space Oddity, Rebel Rebel ummm China Girl, Let's Dance, Fame etc. etc. etc. He even has his own internet provider company like AOL. I guess he's never been big in Alabama. He's married to that model Iman. In all the years I've used this name only one person that I spoke to knew what it was, so don't feel bad JJ.

[ September 28, 2004, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: TVC15 ]

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/28/04 03:44 PM

WELCOME to all the newbies. Lala, thanks for spreading the word.

I finally have one on the queen. Even I've heard of David Bowie. Now when she picks on me for never having watched Gone With the Wind in it's entirety I can rant that she didn't know who David Bowie was! [Razz]

Ladies, start hoppping around to other posts. Ask any questions you may have in the Forum Management forum. [Wink]
Posted by: summerbreeze

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/28/04 08:43 PM

My immagination is not very good. So when I came here thinking I need a new screen name I tried to be creative, lol didn't work. Anyway Summerbreeze came to my mind, and I thought, AHHH that sounds nice, a warm breeze blowing over you, so relaxing. It just seemed like a comforting, calm name, so here I am [Smile]

Summerbreeze

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/28/04 10:24 PM

Welcome Summerbreeze and I like your name!

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/29/04 12:16 AM

Welcome to all the newbies. What a fun and educational(LOL) site.
Yes, Dotsie I finally figured out what was wrong with this thing. Turned it off and back on.
Technical not me.
Maggie

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/07/05 01:46 AM

It would be great to have all the new boomer friends tell us why they chose their screen names. It's always interesting.
Posted by: Cagedbird

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/07/05 02:22 AM

Songbird, some things are just not worth knowing, LOL! especially when it comes 2 my screenname!!!
An editor, who accepted some of my poetry, a nosey MALE, asked me the same question!
Like A NUT, I told him,lol!
He was not very empathetic at all.
4 the love of men,lol!!!!!
Thunderstorms here in Ga. Power goes off constanttly!!!!btw, excellent question!!!

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/07/05 03:57 AM

Asked and answered somewhere in these posts all except for the newbies...Since I am nearing my 3000th post I guess that would answer the question about my name, at least it should! LOL [Cool] [Big Grin]
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/07/05 08:16 AM

I am lynn329 because Lynn or Lynnie is what my family calls me, although I have an actual other name which is unique. It's so unique that I don't use it for fear that those relatives who are skeletons in my closet will come out and sue me for writing a book about my family! Whew! 329 is just to distinguish from other Lynns. I'd like to change my sceen name to Luv&Lite but I don't know how. I once had a screen name of Destiny but I kept getting porn mail, like Destiny was the name of a porn flick star, or something! LLL
Posted by: writegirl1949

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/07/05 11:31 AM

Hey Ya'll.

When I started reading this thread it was only 6 pages and since then it's turned into 8 ... no, only joking.

What a great way to get to know folks here which is a good thing since I'm kinda new. But I feel like I've come home.

Great to see some ladies from Arizona. Ever hear what's considered our "official state song," "I Love You Arizona," by Rex Allen, Jr. It's an awesome song and probably sums me up just about perfect.

My screen name (ahhhhh ... sounds like I'm someone famous, huh?) -- (I'm ready for my closeup Mr. DeMille) -- where was I? Oh yea, that name.

I've been writegirl ever since I first dipped my teeny tiny toe in the swirling waters of the internet. But, the name alone has become popular so I added 1949 on the end. Now class, can anyone guess whyyyyyyyyyy? LOL.

Anyway, I've so enjoyed reading every single post on this thread ... wayyyyyyyyy cool. Love the Oak Ridge Boys, David Bowie, Star Trek ... uh, let's see ... oh yeah, I LOVE to write.

Thanks for providing a wonderful place with women who seem to like to have fun. Or is it that we're all a little quirky ... or insane ... or just products of our environment. LOL

Blessings, Francine (named after my mother, Frances)
Posted by: unique

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/07/05 05:18 PM

I am Unique because I am unique. Seriously, though ... I wanted a second 'screen presence' for Yahoo IM. Everything I tried was taken, take, taken. 'Oh, yeah?' I thought, 'Take THIS, then!!!" Sure enough, no one had Uniquematerial; thus the 'real me' was born on that day. So now I am, and will be forever more be known as, 'Unique Material', first & last name.
Posted by: Jersey Girl

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/07/05 05:38 PM

I have lived in other places. I was even born in Alaska but I have always considered myself a Jersey Girl. As much as I dislike the traffic and rudeness, I love the diversity if the state.

Within an hour, I can be in the mountains. Within a half an hour, fishing off the shoreline with a view of the NY skyline.

Gambling, not that I go often but if I want to, AC is only 90 minutes from me.

The same with New York City. I can take a train and be there in 20 mintues or drive and sit in traffic for an hour, the choice is mine.

Unfortunately, many people only know how movies and the Sopranos depict NJ. People who are passing through are either on the Turnpike, which takes you through the industrial areas, or the Parkway, which is a nice road but it bypasses the towns so you don't get to see anything.

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/08/05 07:42 AM

Dear Cagedbird:
I totally understand. We're glad to have you with us, with or without further explanations. [Smile] What matters most is that we are sharing here, just as we are. And we are a family. I never meant to intrude.

[Cool] And by the way, I'm proud of you, Cagedbird. You are an accomplished writer and author! My best wishes to you!

Chatty- Wow, you are a winner! [Big Grin]

Writegirl- Neat name... oh, for the love of writing! [Wink]

Unique- You are indeed, Unique! And I love your sceen name [Cool] !

JerseyGirl- It's great to be proud and loyal to our "home" state. Your love shows! [Razz]

Lynn- You are an inspiration!

I hope I didn't miss anyone [Confused]

It is interesting to read and share wether we chose a specific name just for fun or because we relate to the name in some way.

I hope this forum is a blessing for all involved.
Posted by: Cagedbird

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/08/05 07:51 AM

Songbird, did I not miss your explanation of your name, lol?? Do you TRY 2 sing:) btw, the editor I mentioned earlier is in London, oh my! Here is where you can submit your work.
www.unheardwords.com Tell Keith, CAGEDBIRD sent you, lol! Thanks Songbird 4 the nice comments.
My username has a lot to do with Maya Angelou's poem, as most poets here have probably figured out. Writing poetry helps me feel free.
Hopefully, will have some GOOD news 2 share soon.
I have been enjoyed e-mailing you TVC150.
Posted by: Aileen

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/07/05 11:11 PM

I chose to use my own name Aileen because I really like it. I find it has a nice ring to it. [Big Grin]
Posted by: Petunia

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/08/05 08:29 AM

Hey, I don't want to be left out here..... you can find my explanation of "Petunia" on page 2 of "Hello from Colorful Colorado" (under Welcome)!
Thanks for explaining your names....that makes it all the more fun!

As a new one around here, I look forward to getting up to speed with posts and getting to know everyone!
Posted by: Coppertop

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/08/05 05:40 PM

I chose my username because of red hair,and that was my CB handle back before cell phones and everyone had a CB in car or home

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/08/05 09:59 PM

I love reading about why everyone chose their names. I'm glad we brought this thread back up!
(enjoy emailing with you also caged!)
Posted by: countrygirl51

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/12/05 05:25 PM

I called myself Countrygir51 because I grew up on a farm, love the country and I was born in 1951. Not very creative, I know, but it seems to fit my personality. I'm basically a redneck woman and am married into a family of rednecks. We don't chew or spit tobacco, or any of those nasty habits, but we live as simply as we can, believe wholeheartedly in God and family, and in self reliance.
I love to drive in the countryside, exploring new roads that I have never seen before, especially those with hills and curves and lots of trees and water alongside old barns and pastures with cattle, horses and other animals. I watch vigilantly for wildlife. Seeing a family of deer or or a group of wild turkeys will make my day, and I can't take enough pictures of them. I love the mountains and if it were possible, I'd move there in a heartbeat. I long to live in the country again. I live in a rural area, in a small town of about 500 people, but would like to be on a farm or ranch someday.
So that's why I'm Countrygirl51.
Posted by: Nikki

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/12/05 08:25 PM

Hey CountryGirl we're the same age. as far as my name here goes...I don't know why I choose it.
Posted by: JoniGolden

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/18/05 09:37 AM

I do have a reason for choosing my name as my screen name, and it's a sad one.

In all honesty, it was the one name I knew I could remember every time I signed in. Menopause is stealing my brain cells....
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/22/05 07:05 AM

I use Sandpiper as my name because I absolutely love the beach. This bird skims the shoreline weathering all the elements and comes back for more. I live about 45 minutes from the Atlantic. Don't know why I am not on the beach living just didn't work out that way.

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/22/05 07:36 AM

I love those ltitle sandpipers. They are fun to watch as they run from the water on the shoreline.

Welcome sandpiper.

Joan, I can relate to the memory loss. Especially when it comes to names!
Posted by: Wisdom&Life

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/25/05 07:21 AM

I chose my screen name because I am a firm believer that in order to accomplish what we want, taking that first big step is 95% of the battle.

I didn't want to use the word big because big step is usually in relation to "getting married is a big step", LOL. I wanted to use a different word. So I chose optimum.

So it is a reminder to me that in order to accomplish my goals whether big or small, I must take that optimum step.

I am enjoying this subject indeed. I had no idea that JawJaw was Georgia with a drawl.

Cheers,
Cathi

[ June 25, 2005, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Optimumsteps ]

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/25/05 10:13 AM

I agree with your thinking Opt...taking that first big step is the largest hurdle!

JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/25/05 02:59 PM

Not to change the subject but my favorite movie was The Sandpiper with Liz Taylor...Loved the place she lived t the beach and her little pet piper... [Wink]

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/25/05 05:26 PM

I think Countrygril51 has it going on. What I've come to know is that the simpler my life, the better my life. Okay, so maybe that wasn't a great sentence, but you get my drift. The more you have, the more complicated it becomes. I'm with her and Speakermom...and as I make my life more simple, I find I have more time to reflect and enjoy the REAL things in my life. Like Princess Lea, my granddaughter. More simple, more time. Nice equation!

JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/25/05 05:52 PM

"Life was so much easier when your clothes didn't match and boys had cooties!"
---Unknown

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/25/05 06:38 PM

Optimum, great thoughts on your screen name. I'm glad you've taken the big step in sharing your book project!

Count me in on living a simpler life. I've feeling a little stressed now becasue things are in high gear with all the kids home, in and out, working, socializing, vacation plans, etc. I don't like it when life runs at full speed. I love the simple life.

Re: Boomer screen names - 06/25/05 06:40 PM

Note to self. Check MOH for cooties.

Come on I work at Sally Ann's. I match. I wear plain, flowery colors with stripes. Thats my top. Add leopard print stretch pants and I'm good to go. Can you say "Rag a Muffin?"

Life is good.

chick
Posted by: robowidowk

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/02/05 08:23 PM

Hi...this reply might be late, but how I came up with robowidowk is: About 10 years ago a group of kids from our local high school came to the place where my husband works and asked if they could make (donate) some parts for this new club they were in. Needless to say the company and my husband were hooked. The club is F.I.R.S.T. (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology). The 1st six weeks of the year the teams are given a "game" and a box of parts in which to design/build/troubleshoot and ship a working robot that can succesfully play the game. Needless to say I became a "Robot Widow"
The program is so worth it. I have become a mentor myself (for the Freshman). This also gave me the idea and guts to go to college @46!

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/03/05 03:58 AM

Great Story behind your name robowidow!
Welcome to the forum!

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/03/05 05:11 PM

Robot, what does the "k" stand for?

Tell us about your college experience. Are you taking classes now?

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/04/05 03:12 AM

Oh oh Dotsies hic-cupping again, cooking sherry maybe???? [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/04/05 09:40 PM

Hi...The k stands for Kingman as I know I am not the only robot widow out there. This year there were 73,000 high school students registered and 40,000 volunteers. This is not a small thing it is world wide. (we had a team from Israel this year!) Check out www.usfirst.org for more info.

I have almost completed my first class (final tomorrow) Introduction to Business 101. To my surprise it has been fun, challenging and rewarding. Not the overwhelming experience I was expecting. I think I may pull a B! The instructor is knowledgeable and witty. Unlike when I was in school many moons ago, I am participating in class and can answer questions when asked!

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/05/05 08:15 PM

Ah, so you are just going back. Good luck on the final. I bet you're the perfect student in class. How many classes are you taking each semester? I have a friend who takes either one or two a semester and she has a 4.0 average as a result. Nice and slow. SHe's a stay at home mom who's doing soemthing for herself while she's at it.

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/07/05 07:58 AM

HI!
I'm only taking 1 class at a time. I didn't even know if I had the discipline to do the 2 hrs homework per night. I surprised myself! I may know how I did on the final tonite! If not, the teacher will e-mail me my grade! I feel much more confident in myself since I began this school thing! I'm looking forward to the Fall when I will probably be taking the beginning math course(s) (I've used calculators and pc's for too many years to remember how you're supposed to do it!)
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/06/05 08:16 PM

Robo, I went back to school in my forties. My first degree took me 10 years to get because I had PTSD from my childhood and I was in an abusive marriage. It's hard to concentrate in that manner. Also, I was always afraid to raise my hand for fear of having the wrong answer, even when I knew it was right. And, I had to have a 4.0, and I didn't want to "ruin it. Ha! All that vanished in my forties. I had an enriching and enlightening experience that was one of the best personal growth avenues I could have taken. Gone was the need to be perfect! Gone was the fear of a wrong answer! Gone was lack of concentration! I was able to pull it off even when cancer came along to sabatoge my final semester. You go girl! You can't go wrong with education. Love and Light, Lynn

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/07/05 12:20 AM

Lynn, you're such an inspiration!

Robot, a little bit of confidence goes a long way. It grows similar to rolling a snowball into a snowman...or should I say snow-woman?

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/08/05 07:38 AM

Robo, I have a friend who could totally relate - her husband is a teacher who does an after school group that competes in technology, and for at least six months out of the year, she hardly sees him at all between school and after-school activities. She's kind of at loose ends about what to do with herself, but she's taken on some volunteer jobs until she figures it out. I think she's hoping he'll retire soon...

That's definitely an imaginative name, I like it!

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/08/05 10:08 PM

JoniGolden, the first two years I HATED robotics. Then my hubby paid the way for my youngest and myself to attend the national comptition held at that time at Epcot Center in Orlando, FL. The Columbine tragedy was in the morning and we were on the red-eye that night. I went from seeing that horror to witnessing the most awesome behavior in teens. There were 15,000 teens in one place and no shoving, cussing, booing. Everyone what helping everyone out with ideas and parts for free! This year we were in Atlanta, GA, and I guess if you were reaching for part of $8 million in scolarships, you'd be on your best behavior. I told one girl to slow down and she stopped and actually smiled at me and said "thank you".
Posted by: Doctor Karen

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/17/05 08:09 AM

I chose Doctor Karen because that's what my kids would finally scream when they couldn't get my attention any other way...like by saying "Mom"! Once they told me I was either at work or on the couch! You bet. I raised them from age 7 and 11 by myself. And...once in a while...a patient will call me Doctor Karen, instead of using my last name...it's very sweet. Maybe I'll be the next Dr. Phil! Karen
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/19/05 07:40 AM

I'm afraid I'm not very original. My name is Dianne. But, my mom couldn't think of a middle name to go with it so stuck Karen in front and this has been a pain my entire life. Legally, I have to sign Karen.
Posted by: MinniePauz

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/21/05 03:49 AM

Dianne, you're VERY original with a story like that! [Smile]

Hello Doctor Karen! Fancy meeting you here! [Smile]

My user name is stolen from a cartoon character I developed to help women in midlife get through the "change" with a little humor!

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/21/05 04:01 AM

I love it and at a time like this we women need all the humor we can get. Welcome!!! [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/21/05 04:11 PM

Minnie - LOVE your screenname.....! Very clever!
My user name is ME, MYSELF, and I. Guess I could have come up with something more creative than my actual name, but at least I can remember it easily...LOL!!! [Razz] [Razz]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/21/05 04:39 PM

Minnie,
I think I know you. Very nice site. Good for you.
smile

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/21/05 05:23 PM

Wow, you are one talented lady. I'm impressed!

Pam that works until one day, you suddenly can't even remember your own name! [Confused]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/21/05 05:35 PM

Minnie, your site IS impressive. 15 years! So there is hope... [Confused]
Pam, I won't forget your name. Tell me what it is again? [Wink]

chick

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/22/05 01:36 AM

Dianne...when that day comes, I'll just change my name to whatever comes to me spur of the moment....with my luck it'll be "watermelon" or something...HAHAHA

Chick - You are TOOO funny. As my Mom used to say "call me anything but don't call me late for supper". LOL

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/22/05 02:45 AM

chick, my mom said the same thing.

Minnie, welcome aboard. I hope you'll stick around all these menopausal women. We need you!

What a fun site!

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/25/05 06:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by robowidowk:
JoniGolden, the first two years I HATED robotics. Then my hubby paid the way for my youngest and myself to attend the national comptition held at that time at Epcot Center in Orlando, FL. The Columbine tragedy was in the morning and we were on the red-eye that night. I went from seeing that horror to witnessing the most awesome behavior in teens.

Robo, that's an AMAZING story. What I love most about the human condition is the constant voyage from utterly evil to perfectly divine, and every step in between.

[ July 24, 2005, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: JoniGolden ]

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/25/05 07:01 AM

Dee, I remember seeing your cartoons in a store in Oxford about five years ago. At the time, I thought, gee...which of my friends is at a stage where she would appreciate this?

Well, now I'M at that stage. :::GULP:::

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/25/05 06:22 PM

Joni, I hear ya!
Posted by: thrillermiller

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/05 12:12 AM

I chose thrillermiller because it's what my crazy high schools students call me. Trish

Re: Boomer screen names - 07/27/05 01:30 AM

Thrillermiller, WELCOME! Why not hop on over to the WELCOME post and tell us all about ya? Or...feel free to put it here. I do hope you enjoy yourself here and make this your home away from home, like we've done. A teacher, eh? Good for you! I don't have the patience for it. Course me kids say I have plenty, cause I haven't ever used any...

JJ
Posted by: MinniePauz

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/11/05 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JoniGolden:
Dee, I remember seeing your cartoons in a store in Oxford about five years ago. At the time, I thought, gee...which of my friends is at a stage where she would appreciate this?

Well, now I'M at that stage. :::GULP:::

No kidding, Joni? Small world, isn't it? Must have been Lynn's Hallmark Shop...she had some tshirts and coffee mugs in there. How cool! [Smile] Do you live in the area? Maybe we could meet.

I'm so sorry I didn't get back here to thank you all for the welcome. I just think each and every one of you have something unique about you that makes me want to get to know you better. [Smile] Thank goodness for the internet, huh?

I'm not sure if I've told you anything about me, but I'm living in Michigan where my 3 kids and 5 grandkids live, but I love Colorado and someday hope to live there again (Durango, to be exact).
I've been divorced for 23 years, was an Army brat and then an Army wife. Lived in Germany, Italy, Azores, and Saudi Arabia. Minnie Pauz has become my business, so I'm trying to keep the FUN in my work. Something most people don't know about me is that I had never drawn a cartoon in my life when I thought up Minnie Pauz. [Smile]

I love to write also, but don't really get the time to do much of it.

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/11/05 06:22 AM

Dee, I love your story. What an inspiration. I'd love to chat by phone to see if there is any way I can help spread the word about your work and site. Maybe next week? 1-877-bboomer.
Posted by: Lily

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/12/05 10:40 PM

I've been away a few days and then came back to all the great explanations for names! What a great question to have asked!

I chose Lily for a couple of reasons. My name is actually Linda, and there are about a million of us around my age. I have gone through a lot of changes in the past 3 or 4 years (I'm 48) and feel like quite a different person so I guess I was looking for an alter ego. I love flowers and lilies come in many varieties/colors, are lovely but hearty, and bloom at a certain time, which I feel I did. I also thought that the name Lilian suited my Spanish connections and had a different feel to it than Lily or Lil, so I could have various alter egos! Of course, I'm not going to get my friends to call me Lily--that would be too weird--but I use it for new things in my life such as this. And when I order a bagel or a coffee, I give them the name Lily just to amuse myself!

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/13/05 01:24 AM

Lily, I am 47 and also going through lots of changes. I love the reason for your screen names. MInd telling us what some of your life changes have been?

Thrillermiller, I see this is your only post. Please stick around and share in some of the other forums. Hopefully you are readin gour posts and will jump in again soon.
Posted by: Dee

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/13/05 07:58 AM

I chose Dee...uh...it's my name and I have no imagination when it comes to things like that...Actually, Darlene is my name (very southern) and my other name is Edna...God, Edna...I've never been able to handle that name...my mother says she named me that because it was her name...I think she did it just to piss me off...I must have put her through some really bad labor paines...Out of all the names in this world, why Edna? Why not Rebecca Darlene...or Jennifer Darlene...or Madison Darlene...or anything but Edna...(I apologize now to the Edna's who love their names...actually, I think you're lying, but am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt).

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/13/05 05:23 PM

Dee, my real name is Dorothea. I'm named after my mom which I like. I just wish her name wasn't Dorothea.

Wasn't there an Aunt Edna in the Vacation movies? ISn't she the one who got tied to the roof? Sorry, but I loved that movie...and her name.

Glad you're here.

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/13/05 05:44 PM

I just watched that movie (again) last week end. I love it. "Honky Lips" on the side of their car just cracked me up.

Some strange names from friends I've had:

Twig Branch

Joseph Peter Beader (what were his parents thinking?).

Dick Holder

Kathy Yaffe

Just a sampling. [Razz] [Wink]

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/13/05 08:12 PM

Dotsie,
Yeah, those Holiday movies are a hoot...I love the visiting brother and his family...hey, we could start a new forum about southern names...normally there's always two...my husband's family...his name is larry wayne...his son is grady wayne and larry wayne jr...his daugher is named Judy Wayne (Just kidding). It seems here in the south no one knows you just by your first name only...it must be followed by a second...like Bob...or Don...or Ray... normally the first name is Billy...see? Billy Bob, Billy Don, Billy Ray...Billy Wayne. In the small town where I live when one person calls out Billy Ray, half the town answers.

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/14/05 02:48 AM

I thank my mom for naming me Charleen because my father and his entire family were trying to get my mother to call me Charlamaine. That reminds me of toilet tissue. Thank you mommy!!!

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/14/05 03:44 AM

Dee,

I have a name for you that I think is absolutely absurd. My brother-in-law's name is simply JD. Does not stand for anything at all. Can't believe my mother-in-law did that. However, he has a cousin that was names CG, so go figure.

Thank God that by the time my hubby came along she found at least a name instead of initials. It's Lonnie. But the middle name is Ray. So, Lonnie Ray it is and of course they are from northern Arkansas.

Why not!
Sandpiper

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/14/05 09:34 AM

some traditions will not be broken, sandpiper, especially in the southern states. When I was in the Air Force I had to use my first name on all my documents...it was LAST name; FIRST name; middle initial...so Edna had to be used, despite the fact that I protested loudly...they promised that the next time I acted like a nut they'd shoot me in the foot. Soooooo, I put up with it for 10 very, very, very, veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy long years...We have a JT in the family...have no idea what that stands for...maybe they use the initials for people who cannot spell. What do you think?

Re: Boomer screen names - 08/14/05 09:07 PM

Dee,

I agree with you one the initials. Can't understand why my mother-in-law did that.

So, you have had enough of EDNA I take it? I understand not liking your name. Mine is Cindy and I really have never liked it. So, I mostly have people call me 'cyn'. I can live with that.

I only know one other Edna and she's a hoot also. So, maybe the name is for those people with a great sense of humor. Ya think? I do.

Traditions! What ever would we do without them.

Sandpiper
Posted by: copygal

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/09/05 09:06 PM

Howdy All,
I'm a little late chiming in on this thread, but better late than never, right? I don't know how imaginative my online name is, it just says what I do, basically. A few months after my husband passed away, I started my own copywriting business, hence--copygal. All of you have great screen names. JawJaw, I love yours. We had a pastor at our old church, who used to have the most marvelous Georgia accent. There's no way I can write the way he pronounced the word coffee, use your imagination, but he made it into at least a long, slow 4 syllables. I always looked forward to him inviting us all the visitor's coffee after the service.
Anyway, you're all very creative.
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/10/05 12:21 AM

Had to add... neighbors last name Branch named the twins Cherry & Berry Branch. [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/10/05 01:44 AM

Watch a program where all the women are the name of a flower, theres Daisy, Rose, Hyacinth and Violet. Think thats kind of cool!
Posted by: Whirlwind

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/10/05 04:02 AM

I'm a scuba instructor (part time) and Whirlwind came from a dive trip when I was running a check out trip in Florida with quite a few people. I was running around one morning like a chicken with my head cut off (a real southern saying there), and somebody said I was a real Whirlwind. Everybody ended up calling me that for the entire weekend (nicknames are great fun on dive trips). Well, for some reason it stuck. I'm called Whirlwind or WW even by people I work with now.

Of course, WW also stands for Wrong Way. All I'll say is, it wasn't my fault! LOL...

Whirlwind

[ September 09, 2005, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Whirlwind ]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/10/05 11:08 PM

I love horses and Ford Mustangs! Thus, MustangGal! I presently drive my 4th Mustang and could not entertain another vehicle model! Well, except Jag!
Posted by: Katrinka

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/11/05 01:23 AM

Great stories, all!
JawJaw, I especially like yours. And Smilinize, what a sweetie you have for a husband.

My story is unremarkable compared to everyone else's. Katrinka is just a feminine form of my old curmedgeonly cat. His name is Katrinko.

Looking forward to reading more stories about your names.
Marie
Posted by: Deb the author

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/11/05 06:50 PM

I picked mine because I have spent the worst six years of my life (dad's alzheimer's, his death, my brother's suicide) while trying to write my book. I didn't think I would ever really finsish it. I wasn't sure I would even stick around after my brother shot himself...but I did...and it's in print. It's about seeing something through inspite of everything going so wrong. Maybe I should change it to something else since so many of us are writers. I should call myself "Still Crazy After All These Years!" hugs sister girls.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/11/05 10:50 PM

Deb the author,
Just my two cents, but I just couldn't keep quiet after reading your post. I think you should keep your screen name to remind yourself all that you have attained. BTW...CONGRATS!

Marie

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/12/05 12:46 AM

Katrinka, I'm with you. Deb, your name is well deserved. I hope you keep it.

Whirlwind, great name. I hope you'll tell us more about diving in the Hobbies forum?

Mustang, do you have horses?

copygal, so you own a business and work out of your home?
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/12/05 01:20 AM

Deb the Author, I agree with Katrinka and Dotsie. After reading your story, your name will remind me of courage and determination every time I see it in these forums.
Posted by: Deb the author

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/12/05 05:32 AM

I am going to spend all day tomorrow reading your posts and looking at your websites. Mine is being built. I can't wait to have a home on the net. LOL What an amazing group of women!!!!

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/12/05 06:32 PM

Deb the author,
Yes, this is an amazing group of women. I've been going through a difficult time, so I come here for solace and to read others' inspiring stories. I admire the women here, and most of them don't know it, but they always give me a good kick in the pants.
I look forward to getting to know you.

Marie

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/13/05 06:16 PM

Katrinka, isn't it fun feeling those zingers while reading the posts? Fortunately, I feel more uplifted than zinged so it works for me. I continue to be amazed at the wisdom that lies within the hearts of boomer women. We rock!

[ September 13, 2005, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/13/05 11:04 PM

It's very interesting how our screen names tell so much about us! I'm using Daisygirl because my best friend these days is my Weimaraner Daisy. Some of her nicknames are Daisygirl, Sweetiegirl, and of course I can always add a middle name, like Sue or Lou or May. I used to have a Boxer named Lily, and then my screen name was Flowergirls.

Daisy doesn't do many tricks (my fault), but one thing I taught her is to shake hand/paw when I ask her if we're girlfriends. he he

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/14/05 03:17 AM

Dotsie,
You Rock! All the women here rock. You all are uplifting to me. Many, many thanks!

Marie

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/15/05 01:02 AM

What a blessing to hear this site is uplifting!
Posted by: Bookie

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/21/05 02:44 AM

I chose Bookie because my profession is accounting/bookkeeping. I have a home based bookkeeping service. In Arizona one does not have to display licence plates on both front and back of a vehicle...only on the back so a couple of years ago my husband had a plate made up for me that says BOOKIE. I get some interesting glances from people as I drive down the road...especially in Las Vegas!
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/21/05 11:18 PM

I just changed my screen name. When I signed up I thought you had to use your real name. I chose this one because I love bluebirds and I recently moved west. (I feel like I've always belonged west.) I lived in NY all of my 46 years and didn't feel like I fit there...not pushy enough!!!
Posted by: sweetabbey

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/22/05 02:49 AM

Sweetabbey is for my daughter. She just turned one year old, and she's the sweetest thing I know of.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/22/05 03:36 AM

Western Bluebird, your new screenname invokes such a lovely image in my mind...I tend to associate the West with sunsets, so now I have this picture of a beautiful bluebird flying against a gorgeous Rocky Mountain sunset!

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/22/05 12:44 PM

DaisyGirl! You had a boxer? I do too! Trixie, or as she's known in the writing world, da Trixster. Aren't they wonderful dogs? Well...except when I catch her wearing my crown. I've told her over and over...keep your paws off da crown, but does she listen? Nah...whatcha gonna do?

JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/22/05 05:08 PM

Yes, and I miss my Lily. But I have 2 grand-boxers, Cleo and Brutus (named after the Ohio State mascot) and sometimes they visit me. When they do, it's a zoo at my house! I would never tell Daisy this, but if I ever had to get another dog, it would be a boxer. I love their happy go lucky personalities and they are such cuddlers, which Daisy only does at night. She's a little more independent.

How old is Trickster? My favorite grandboxer is Brutus. He's about 5, 85 lbs. and thinks he's a lapdog.

I'm a boxer stalker. Whenever I see one I have to go get a big slobbery boxer kiss.

Daisygirl

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/22/05 09:42 PM

LOL! I love the term "boxer stalker." To me nothing is prettier than seeing a boxer going down the highway with their beautiful head stuck out the window grabbing the breeze...eh? Course then again, this is the same dog that gets upset if you blow in her face. Go figure. Trixie is 5 and weighs in at 70 lbs. She's a fatso but don't tell her I said so, k? She says I am too. You are soooo right. They think they are babies and can sit in our laps! I love it. If you would like to see her, visit my homepage. She has her own page there and gets visits from other animals from this forum. She has a "Ask Trixie" column there. I posted her picture and every since, she gets more mail than I do. Puleaseeee...

JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/22/05 10:08 PM

JJ I LOVE your website! And Trixie is a beautiful young lady! I love seeing a boxer in a car also. Since I take Daisy to the dogpark I get to see lots of Boxers! She is the Diva of the park and is very picky about choosing her friends, but she will almost always play with a boxer. Daisy looks very feminine and dainty with her daisy collar on, but she's used to playing with boxers and can keep up with any dog but the Great Danes.

Give Queen Trixie a hug from me and Daisy.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/24/05 05:41 AM

Boxers are adorable dogs. I hear they also have a good temperament. Daisy dog sounds adorable.

Marie

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/24/05 06:49 AM

Will do! Oh and Trixie said Bark..bark...barkkk...Bark! Translated this means, "Tell Daisy to take care!"

JJ
Posted by: Junebug

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/24/05 12:18 PM

WOW! I read and read on this extensive post. Every story of how you got your name is interesting!

My dad died the day after mothers day a year ago last May. My middle name is June and he nicknamed me Junebug from the start, which I alway hated, and my Dad was the only one who could get by calling me that. After his death, I realize I would never hear him call me Junebug again. This is my way of keeping it alive. And NO, my family still cannot call me Junebug! LOL

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/24/05 09:43 PM

Junebug, touching story. May memories of your dad live on at BWS.
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/24/05 10:57 PM

Junebug - sorry about your dad but love that nickname! I was born in June.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/25/05 03:47 PM

Dotsie,
Thank you very much! My Dad lived to be 90 and had a very good life.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/25/05 03:50 PM

Western Bluebird,
i guess I got emotional and forgot part of the story. I was also born in June! It is my middle name. Welcome fellow Juner. [Razz] LOL

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/25/05 04:10 PM

Welcome EVERY SINGLE NEW BOOMER! There are so many of you I thought you'd allow me just to welcome ALL of you together in one message....

Junebug - JUNE is my middle name as well - named after my Aunt (Dad's sister). My Dad didn't call me Junebug BUT that was his nickname for his sister.

Again ladies - welcome to the fabulous forum. There's a lot of interesting topics here to participate in - so have fun exploring.
Posted by: alphawoman

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/25/05 06:44 PM

Alphawoman has always been my screen name since joining AOL. My boss began calling me this name because I was the only woman in an all male department. I loved it...as we all do when given a great nick name, so I've always used it.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/25/05 08:02 PM

Alphawoman - what a great story on how you got your nickname. Guess your boss knew who REALLY ran things around there huh?

As for nicknames...my husband calls me "PJ" and my parents both had nicknames for me but since they are no longer around, the "nickname" thing has sort of disappeared. Jawjaw (the Queen of the forum here...LOL) has a nickname for me though come to think of it - but I'm not tellin' what it is!!!!! Some things just plain should remain a MYSTERY (and I know about that since I write mysteries).

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/26/05 02:01 PM

Pam,
Thanks for the welcome, and hello to another June baby. LOL That is too great your Dad calling your sister Junebug! Hello June, from June! LOL
PJ is a cute nickname!

Alphawoman,
Great way to get you name! Good to meet you, I am new!

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/26/05 04:05 PM

Pam, the suspense is killing me. I think I'm going to PM the queen. [Razz] Alpha, great name. DO you still work in an all female office?

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/27/05 07:59 AM

Hey Pam, maybe you could incorporate this Mystery nickname into your next mystery novel (which, BTW, I'm anxiously awaiting)...and then have a contest to see who can guess what it is.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/26/05 08:22 PM

Just finish the book madame Pamela so I have another of your exciting entertaining books to read...will ya huh, will ya? [Big Grin]

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/27/05 01:32 AM

You gals are so SWEEEEEEET! Dotsie - if The Queen spills the beans on that "mystery nickname" then I'll have to take her oreos away!!!

Chatty and Eagle - I'm working on it - I'm working on it!!!!! (and thanks for being impatient - that makes me feel great...LOL)

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/27/05 08:09 AM

Spill the beans? Me?

Hey Pam, I accept unmarked large bills... and I ain't talkin' bout no ducks either.

JJ

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/27/05 03:15 PM

HAHAHAHA.....The check (or should I say bills) are in the mail My Queen!
Posted by: kaity

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/29/05 09:08 AM

Hi Everybody. I'm new and believe it or not my 82 year old mother turned me on to this web site. She read about it in the paper.

Why my name? My original name was "Barbara" because my Dad fell in love with the little girl next door named Barbara Ann. She must have been sweet.

I always knew this was not my correct name. It was supposed to be Katherine after my grandmother, my mother's middle name, my first grade teacher, Katherine Hepburn and Katherine the Great. Besides, in the 60's Barbie Dolls came out and my life went to hell. Barbie this and Barbie that.

When I divorced, my daughter asked me not to change my last name to my maiden name, (which I didn't like anyway), so she wouldn't have to explain. I needed to change something to reflect my new identity so I changed my first name. I didn't know how to spell it but I was great at phonetics so I made it up: Kaity.

When I was in contracting, the spelling helped me out so much. Once people saw it, they never forgot it. Good name.

So, that's where my name came from.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/29/05 09:40 AM

Cool story, Kaity, and welcome from us all! [Smile]

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/29/05 03:40 PM

Welcome Kaity....I too enjoyed the story of how you came up with your name AND reading a bit about you. Great to have you here in the forum - you'll love it here.

Re: Boomer screen names - 09/29/05 05:03 PM

Kaity, great story.

Tell us about your mom. Has she been on the site? We'd love to have the wisdom on an 82 year old mom. Does she have a computer?