Did He Say Divorce?

Posted by: Joni22

Did He Say Divorce? - 05/19/06 02:03 PM

Hey there...
I'm new here...just came out of a divorce book that I wrote when I was "suffering" through my divorce as a jilted woman. Yeah, he ran away from home with my best friend!!! I thought my life, as I knew it, was puppy chow.

Guess what? I not only got over the divorce (and the man that caused it,) I actually am sooooo much better off today than I ever was before. Now, I live for ME! Now, I have my self-esteem awarded back to me with the freedom I lock so closely in my heart. It feels good being...back to me! I will never lose sight of "me" again.

I was married to him for 18 1/2 years with one child...this child being the BEST that came out of our union. My son is now 26...dedicated in his mom's corner and forever pleasing her. He is a jewel.

My ex and I are now friendly. He left "two-face" (you can read all about her in my humorous book on divorce for jilted women: "Did He Say Divorce?") Now, he is a changed man...wants to please my son and I all the time. He lives 3 blocks away, and would walk on coals if he could get "US" back into his life. Sorry, Charlie.

This woman is much better off being true to herself w/o anyone telling her what to do, how to do it and "you-better-not-do-that-anymore" way of life. Life after divorce is freedom. Read my book. You'll learn how to get to freedom within your soul.

Hooray for this site. I love it! Thank you for letting me sound off!

Joni Newman
~author of "Did He Say Divorce? A Jilted Wife's Hope on How to Cope, Living Without That Dope!"
www.xlibrix.com/DidHeSayDivorce.html [Razz]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/19/06 08:02 PM

Joni,
You are the one who should be getting the Hoorays! You go girl. While I am the first to admit divorce is not the answer every time, when it does come, it is NOT the end of the world.

So many women who divorce never take the time to discover, or re-discover themselves after the trauma of it all and they fall victim to the mentality that they MUST have another man in their life to complete them. To define who they are. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not saying women shouldn't remarry, heck...if I can find someone that can cook, clean, pay the bills, fix anything I want, and likes to travel, I'll be on him like white on rice. Okay, wait, I just described ME. LOL!

What I am saying is that you have to be happy in your own skin before you could possibly contribute to someone else's happiness. Sounds like to me you've discovered that already...as I said, you go girl!

Welcome to the best home on the net. JJ
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/19/06 08:41 PM

Welcome and what a nice addition you are to this site. Isn't it strange that after a divorce where the man realizes he made a mistake, he suddenly becomes the man he should have been while married to us? [Big Grin]
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/19/06 09:12 PM

Welcome Joni...so happy to have you here...I love that you feel so great about your life...can't wait to read your book! Congratulations... [Smile]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/20/06 03:48 AM

A very hardy welcome to you Joni....I am a sucker for a happy ending just like yours. Bravo to you!
Posted by: Serena

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/21/06 01:34 AM

hi, im new here. love the quote about best friend being the sister that destiny forgot to give you. its beautiful.everyone seems so nice, so positive here.
Posted by: downdog

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/21/06 08:26 AM

Welcome Joni, welcome Serena, looking forward to hearing from you both!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/21/06 09:03 AM

Welcome Joni. Did writing yoru book help with the healing process?
Posted by: Still Crowded

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/22/06 05:38 PM

Welcome, Joni, and congratulations on the book! I love happy endings.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/22/06 08:21 PM

Serena
WELCOME! You were almost overlooked because of Joni's fantastic entry and book. We are so happy to have you here and would love for you to go to the WELCOME section and tell us all about Serena!

Hope you stick around and make this your home away from home.

JJ

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/23/06 02:21 AM

Hi ho and welcome Serena, I like the quote too about sisters. I feel so blessed woth so many boomer sisters and am sure you will as well.
Posted by: Joni22

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/25/06 04:45 AM

Hey all...
Thanks for being so positive and supporting! I love this site!

Hi Serena! Nice to have you here.

Dotsie, to answer your question, writing my book WAS my HEALING PROCESS. The book contains the five stages of grief (what I did during those five stages is what makes it funny,) and I included my own take on "The Three Trimesters of Divorce." So, the actual writing of the book was my therapy. Didn't need to pay a shrink...just needed to pay for all that computer paper.

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm and support. I'll check back sooner next time.

So you want a quote? Okay. Here goes:
"Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer belly...and still think they are beautiful!"

Cheers!
Joni Newman
www.xlibris.com/DidHeSayDivorce.html
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 05/25/06 05:41 PM

JOni, your book sounds like a fun read. Have you considered joining NABBW?

FYI - Do you belong to www.naww.org? I know you're a writer. Through June, you can join www.naww.org and get membership to www.nabbw.com for FREE. We're offering a two for one. Just thought I'd tell you.
Posted by: Susiecantspell

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 06/01/06 01:50 AM

Your post sounds like George Strait's (my fantasy man) new song She Let Herself Go!

Re: Did He Say Divorce? - 06/01/06 02:18 AM

Welcome Susiecantspell, and I bet you can...spell that is!!