pampering

Posted by: Dotsie

pampering - 02/12/06 02:18 AM

I don't know about you, but I am definetly into pampering myself more in recent years. I guess it's because I have a little more time to think about it.

How about you?

What makes you feel pampered?
Posted by: Sherri

Re: pampering - 02/12/06 02:29 AM

To have a manicure or pedicure. I just totally relax and then I follow it up with a visit to the tanning salon. (don't yell at me, I know all the dangers, but the effects of winter aren't nearly as hard on me if I have those rays!)

Sherri
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: pampering - 02/12/06 03:02 AM

Going to Mom's...

JJ
Posted by: ladybug

Re: pampering - 02/12/06 03:19 AM

Going into a store to shop for clothes or shoes in the early morning hours when it seems like I have the entire place to myself. It's peaceful and quiet.

[ February 11, 2006, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: pampering - 02/12/06 03:24 AM

I don't spend enough time pampering myself these days. Once every few weeks at the hairdresser is usually as far as it goes.

I spend a half day at the Spa last summer, and I loved every minute of it. I may just go back there for a massage or facial soon.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: pampering - 02/12/06 05:32 AM

Me either NHJackie. I act like soaking on my huge garden tub filled with sweet smelling bubbles is a dream come true. Guess it is when a quick shower is the norm around here...

[ February 12, 2006, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: pampering - 02/12/06 07:11 AM

Awwww JJ...I love your answer...my Mom always made me feel pampered too...I still miss her so much...I think it's so cool that you feel that way...

I have to admit that I began to pamper myself a little more beginning 2 years ago when I turned 50...now I get my hair done every 2 months....before 50 I went maybe once a year...and now I get regular manicures and pedicures...those foot massages are heavenly!!!!
Posted by: diamond50

Re: pampering - 02/13/06 04:45 PM

Going to the hair salon, having massages, and I agree that shopping for clothes without crowds around is great "retail therapy" [Smile]
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: pampering - 02/13/06 06:41 PM

The 1 thing I do now is get a pedicure now and then. It makes me feel like a queen (JJ, FEEL like a queen, not be one, like you)!

Daisygirl

Re: pampering - 02/13/06 07:15 PM

JJ, I go to Dad's and plunk myself down in Mom's recliner (she'll be gone 5 years on St. Patrick's Day). There's nothing quite like it. I don't know what I'll do without him. He has such a calming influence on my life.

I finally feel like I have time to pamper myself so I do.

-morning prayer time
-occasional walks with friends
-hot baths in the evening
-rare manicures and pedicures
-highlights!
-lunches and dinners out with loved ones
-occasional movies with Ross in the middle of an afternoon
-gardening
-weekly prayer group

Re: pampering - 02/13/06 07:54 PM

very nice list Dotsie...You deserve all of those treats and more!!!

Re: pampering - 02/13/06 10:45 PM

I'm going out to have dinner with 2 of my closest friends tonight. We talk all the time, but the 3 of us haven't been together in quite a while.

This counts as pampering, right?
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: pampering - 02/14/06 12:55 AM

Yes, it counts!! Saturday I went to brunch with my daughter, her friend and a friend of mine. It was great. We are going to try to do it on a regular basis.

Re: pampering - 02/14/06 03:25 AM

I wish my daughter were living close enough to go out to lunch with.

My friends and I plan to do something together once a month from now on. We kept telling each other, "We need to do this." A couple of weeks ago, I pushed the issue, and now we are. Dinner works better than lunch because the other 2 ladies have jobs now.

Re: pampering - 02/14/06 03:37 AM

I am blessed to have my kids all near me.
You definitely have to just pick a date and go from there. You can always change it but at least it's more of a solid plan.
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: pampering - 02/14/06 04:41 AM

Ran across... New Testament tapes read by James Earl Jones...I just adore the sound of his voice...would you believe he had a stuttering problem as a child?
Anyways, it's his voice I fall asleep to nightly. Many times, upon arising I'll rewind and listen to the previous night's tape, that way I'm able to put thoughts, questions, look-up's into my journal.

Last time I was overly pampered....was when my daughter and I headed over to Ambiance Spa...I had the hot rock massage. Time to do that again for sure.

Found a fantastic man who is a master designer and colorist, so I have been having my hair colored and cut regularly. Best part is...he's just around the corner. Just love my new spikes.

Weekends...hubby and I share a walk around the neighborhood and dinner out.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: pampering - 02/15/06 11:33 PM

I am being pampered all week this week. I have that Flu that makes you feel like you were hit by a Mac truck...and then run over. [Frown]
I have today off and slept most of the morning.
MOH has been giving me shoulder massages and whispering sweet "wish you felt betters" in my ear. We cancelled our dinner date yesterday and I spent the evening on the couch to be close to him. He bought me some butter pecan comfort ice-cream and I am chickened souped up. I got some nice perfume for Valentine's day. I'm glad I bought his Ferrerro Roche chocolates ahead of time. We shared them and a quiet evening together.

cc: A very fine whine forum
chick
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: pampering - 02/16/06 01:41 AM

Geez...thought for a minute there...that you were holding out Chatty...and not telling us about that new man in your life.

Then, I read it's Chick who isn't feeling well...what is MOH?

Chick with treatment like that you'll be better in no time.

Hope your feeling better real soon!
Posted by: ladybug

Re: pampering - 02/16/06 02:03 AM

I must've had Chatty on my mind from reading another post.

How are you today Chick?
Posted by: chickadee

Re: pampering - 02/16/06 02:38 AM

MOH = my other half. Thanks for the get well wishes. Getting better by the hour. Hope you all stay flu free.
chick

Re: pampering - 02/16/06 02:44 AM

Oh, chick I didn't know you were sick. Poor baby! Sounds like you have a great "nurse" there.
Glad you're getting better.
Here's a ((HUG))...just don't breathe on me [Razz]
Posted by: Patty Gale

Re: pampering - 02/16/06 06:17 PM

This is definitely a great topic. I know I am very guilty of not pampering myself enough. I don't wear much makeup, except when going out on the weekends and for a long time after my daughter was born, my nails were a mess.

One of my New Years' resolutions was to pamper myself just a little bit more. I started letting my nails grow and put at least clear polish on. I still can't let them get too long or it's hard to type on the keyboard.

I also bought some really nice smelly body scrub from Bath & Body for the shower.

Once we get into our new house next week, I want to splurge and go have highlights put in my hair.

Since I don't wear much makeup, I was thinking of trying the minerals makeup just for the heck of it.

Patty
Posted by: Danita

Re: pampering - 02/16/06 07:17 PM

Doing a body scrub is an EXCELLENT way to pamper yourself.

Ladies, if you've never done this for your precious self - go DO IT!

Here I'm in the industry - and for a long time I didn't. One day my skin was feeling like an alligators' skin...off I went to the tub with my scrub.

Not only does it exfoliate all those dead skin cells, but it also moisturizes your skin...and gets your blood circulating.

Be sure to look for scrubs that don't have mineral oil in them. Mineral oil is a petrolium by-product and is not good for your skin.

I do a body scrub at least twice a week now. No more alligator skin, no more irrating bumps on my arms and legs.

Pamper on ladies!

D.

Re: pampering - 02/17/06 08:40 AM

Great advice Danita...I was starting to feel like Alligator Lady...I load on the moisturizer after my bath and the next morning I'm scaly and peeling again...I'm going to try a "body scrub" tonight!

Re: pampering - 02/18/06 08:12 AM

I talked with Ms D yesterday and ordered some de-alligatoring stuff....she is so cool and so easy to talk to, even if she does have an accent...

Thanks Danita for making my ordering painless and delightful!

JJ

Re: pampering - 02/17/06 09:21 PM

Yes, she's great to work with. Now she's got me buying the stuff for my husband!
Posted by: Danita

Re: pampering - 02/18/06 01:25 AM

Oh J.J....you are soooo funny!
I have an accent?

I have been VERY blessed by the relatonships I have built via this site...talk about great women. I am honored to serve, really!

And you have to know why JJ calls herself Jaw JaW is that this is how folks in her part of the world say "JJ"..

Your welcome JAW JAW, and thank you JAW JAW and DOT-SEE for being such awesome friends AND clients!

hugs,
danita

Re: pampering - 02/18/06 04:28 AM

LOL! Hey what can I tell ya? We make two syllables out of every word whether it needs them or not...

JJ
Posted by: Sadie

Re: pampering - 02/18/06 06:09 AM

I tell you one thing after all the snow we had and now it has melted just like the weather man said it was going to do . I could use a pedicure and a massage . Now , my shoulders hurt from all that shoveling out to the wood pile .
Where is the red door massage for me.
Posted by: JaMaPh

Re: pampering - 07/26/06 03:46 AM

My dream is to cover my massage table with plastic and smoosh myself all over it with this butter and lay there. Maybe get a massage after smooshing. in the warmth of the afternoon. ooooh heavenly.

Janine