This is really a problem for me. I have posted some time ago about the hair loss I have been experiencing for the past 3 years since my heart attack. The hair loss is due to the medication, according to my cardiologist but probably also due to menopause. I see the loss more than the average person looking at me but professionals have also seen it, especially the thinness. Anyway, I have been going to the same hairdresser for over 20 years. I like her very much. Others in my family use her as well. Her shop is local in my community and she always will find the time to squeeze me in no matter how busy. The problem is I hate my hair (not just the thinning). She is not "up" on the styles, and right now I need someone who can make my hair look the best it can be. Today, I was desperate for a haircut. My hair is layered but the layers were way too long, thus making the thinness look worse on top. My regular girl was on vacation and I commited a mortal sin! I went to the leading competitor in our town. Some friends go there and recommended a male hairdresser that was EXCELLENT! I am so happy with the results, and that is quite a statement coming from me! He layered the sides, cut the top shorter so that it actually looks THICKER! I can't believe the difference. Now, what do I do? How do I fire my hairdresser of 20 years? It will be very awkward for me and for the family members that still use her. Am I being ridiculous? Hubby thinks so. He claims that since I am paying for the service, I should love the results. I agree completely but don't want to hurt her feelings. What a silly rant, huh?