Sunday after I packed at Hollywood Market, we were driving down Sunset Boulevard when I heard a huge crashing sound. When I saw what had happened, I told Les to please pull over to see if we could help.

To make the story short: a car was driving 100mph and out of control. It went up on the sidewalk, knocked an 8-foot metal street sign 20 feet, plowed through several metal parking meters, and slammed into a man on a bike. The bike and helmet were crushed. Then the a**hole sped away.

The young man, maybe mid-20s was lying on the sidewalk. There was no visible blood, but I'm sure his internal injuries must have been massive. He was thankfully coherent but unable to move. The paramedics came. We and many other people gave statements to the police. The only good news is, some other men ran after the car and got a picture of the license plate number.

I believe in karma and reincarnation. The @#$*(%! in the car will be lucky to come back as a cockroach.

I prayed all the way home. Please add your voices. I haven't heard anything about this on the news.

Poet and essayist