Dotsie, my hospital-time is when I do a lot of praying - not just that my brother's tests/appointments will go well (and for the doctors to have the wisdom to know how to fix him), but also and especially for my Boomer sisters. I can spend hours sitting in various hospital waiting rooms on any given week, and find it difficult to read. When I'm sitting with my brother, we just sit quietly people-watching and sometimes making small talk. But sometimes I do enjoy the chance to just rest my eyes & spirit and lift everyone I know to the Lord's care.

It looks like the bulk of this week will be spent sitting around in the hospital. Blood tests today, a major Bone Marrow Transplant consultation meeting on Thursday, an all-day chemo marathon on Friday and a "split-shift" chemo blast on Saturday (starting at 7:30am and ending late in the evening!) Then more doctors appointments early next week. So no rest for the weary here!

I've never read Joseph Girzone before - you've mentioned his writings before, but I've never gotten around to ordering one. I'll look into it tonight and maybe order "Never Alone" - as these chemo marathons continue, I'll need a good book to keep me company while my brother naps!

Edited by Eagle Heart (01/10/07 12:23 AM)

(Maya Angelou)